Verbal GC approval?????

SaraJones

Registered Users (C)
I recently was verbally approved by the DAO at my interview in New York and the she said I would receive the GC in the mail in a matter of days. She repeated "in a matter of days" several times.
But on my passport I only received "I-485 pending". What does that mean?

Also, it's been two weeks and I have not received anything.

Has anyone had a similar experience?

We were interviewed two days ago at the LA DO. We were told 2 weeks is what it will take. Please keep us posted what happens to you case. I will do the same.

Normally they will stamp I-551 for temp replacement for GC. I remember airu4 said the USCIS are enforcing to cancel out stamping rules since frauts. but at least you should have 245 stamped. did u do your fbi name checks?

by the way would you mind share your timeline and interview experiences? I am going to have one at Garden city. now days, I am just no sure what kind supporting doc they REALLY NEED and some wierd questions they will ask

thanks

"I-485 pending" means pending your adjustment of status, which is weird since the officer told you that you was approved. Normally if you are approved they put approved or the stamp or nothing, not pending. I would make an infopass and clarify it.
Good luck,