• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Validity of Documents & Things To Do

Momo1980

Registered Users (C)
Dear friends and DV selectees/winners, I am hoping to have my interview sometime in July (fingers crossed if the case numbers progress fast) and I am curious about the following:

- Medical - when should I ideally schedule the medical and what is the validity of the medical?

- Police certificates - I would be needing a police certificate from Tanzania and the UK so when should I pick these up and what is their validity?

- High school transcripts - do I really need high school transcripts if I have my high school diploma and ACCA (Association of Chartered Certified Accountants) exam results?

- Bank statements - is 6 months worth of bank statements enough to suffice their background check on my finances?

- Affidavit letter - should I take an affidavit letter from my fellow company directors to the interview stating that the company will financially support me from Tanzania whilst I am living in the US hence not making me a public charge?

- I-134 - should I take this from my aunt and uncle just in case to show the embassy that my lodging is being taken care of?

Any other important information/feedback is welcome as I am sure other people would have similar concerns/questions.

Thank you, God Bless and Good Luck to all!

The validity of the medical documents may be different from place to place but,from what I've read online, is about 6 months
Police reports validity are also subject to any country policies.Most of them have a validity for 6 months to 1 year.
Many consulates/embassies are not asking for bank statements but I think 6 months is enough. If you have documents to prove more than 6 months, that will be a real help if the CO will analyze and give his answer taking into consideration the bank statements
The HS diploma may be enough. You only have to get a legalized translation to ENG if the diplome is not in ENG already
The affidavit letter is a prove that someone from US will take you in charge and you will not become a public charge in US. I dont think that a non-US entity has the right to fill an affidavit letter of support
If you can, provide any propf of relatives you have in US and a proof that they are considering to take charge of you and so you are not likely to become a public charge. If you have friends in US, ask them about some letter of support (other than the affidavit) where they will make themselves available to offer you guidance in searching for a job and help you somehow with your new step in life as a GC holder.It will be a real help to support your case when talking to the CO
Please consider my reply as personal points of view and not as legal counseling. Use the internet to find related answers to your question and legal advice as solutions to your problems