Vague Answer from TSC agent

lcmsd

Registered Users (C)
Today, I called TSC to check on my I485 case. Because both USCIS processing time and visa bulletin PD cut off date passed my PD. I asked why there is no approval?

They said my case is under review. I asked further what does it mean by "under review". They said it is the "background check", they are doing that. When I asked whether they can tell me the name check or fp are cleared? They said they do not know, and asked me to wait, they will do their job. :mad:

It is frustrating. When I called 6 months ago, the guy actually could see my my FP and name check status. How come, this time, they say they can not see it? :confused:

Anybody has any experiences? :eek:

tsc - officer's response

Hi there,

It is totally depending on the officer. some are really nice give you the information you want and most of them are rude. Try calling them after 2 p.m. eastern standard time. Please make sure to be courteous and polite.

Your question about "under Review" means it is being monitored closely.

About the name check... try to contact a ruling party senator and congressman, it worked for me.

Our green card just got approved yesterday. As our visa availability became current.

EB1
I140 / I485 RD 29 april 2004
Name check stuck since May 2004
I 140 approved march 2005
1 fp Code 1 - March 2004 ( unaware of name check process)
contacted Senators and congress man and did background check independently
Namecheck got cleared Dec 2005
Got letter from Senator stating name check cleared - Jan 2006
2 fp Code 3 ( 10 fingers. index. photo and signature digital)
I485 approved March 1 ( priority date cut off July 1, 04

ICMSD,
I have contaced the USCIS and got the same response. Earlier they were mentioning my case was pending for security clearance. They used to telll the date on which the request was sent.
Today when I had contacted I got the same response as yours. Not sure what is happenning.

What TSC number are you calling?

Guys: Can you pls help me here. I have been calling the TSC on 1-800-375-5283 number. But I get a automated response that the system is down. Can you pls share the number you are calling or if you are calling the same number as I am, what options are you choosing.

Thanks in advance!

retrohatao said:
ICMSD,
I have contaced the USCIS and got the same response. Earlier they were mentioning my case was pending for security clearance. They used to telll the date on which the request was sent.
Today when I had contacted I got the same response as yours. Not sure what is happenning.
I got the same answer as yours several days ago. I made a formal inquiry last month. They told me security clearance stuff in the mail.

Texaswala said:
Guys: Can you pls help me here. I have been calling the TSC on 1-800-375-5283 number. But I get a automated response that the system is down. Can you pls share the number you are calling or if you are calling the same number as I am, what options are you choosing.

Thanks in advance!
Yes, Same thing happened here... I am trying for last 2 weeks but their system is 'temporarly' down for last two weeks...

Folks who called TSC : ? Which number do you use and what option do u select ?

letsee said:
Yes, Same thing happened here... I am trying for last 2 weeks but their system is 'temporarly' down for last two weeks...

Folks who called TSC : ? Which number do you use and what option do u select ?
I called the 800#, however, after listened the status. I continued with a option, then choose 3 or 4, u will be transfered to TSC. There was a post posted by PrincesofJungle explaied it in detail.

Hi,

Could you please share a bit about how to make a formal inquiry?

btld123 said:
I got the same answer as yours several days ago. I made a formal inquiry last month. They told me security clearance stuff in the mail.

lcmsd said:
I called the 800#, however, after listened the status. I continued with a option, then choose 3 or 4, u will be transfered to TSC. There was a post posted by PrincesofJungle explaied it in detail.

I was following POJ's trick but always getting the message system is temporary down. From which I cannot continue. It takes me back to the main menu.

It seems like you got to get the status because u've mentioned "after listened the status". . what time and date you got to hear the status ?

Anything you heard from this forum and then you tried to follow what the others did will be too late. Usually it becomes ineffective because too many people are doing the same thing. The consequence is the government agency has to shut down the service to the public. Try doing something that others have not tried yet.

letsee said:
I was following POJ's trick but always getting the message system is temporary down. From which I cannot continue. It takes me back to the main menu.

It seems like you got to get the status because u've mentioned "after listened the status". . what time and date you got to hear the status ?
March 2nd, noon