Vaccination Record

BrendaJoe

What happens if I can't get a copy of my childhood vaccination records? I grew up in Calgary, Canada and got all the shots, but I have no records and Health Office doesn't have records that go back as far as the 1960's. I am 57 year old now. What shots should I get as an adult to facilitate the medical appointment? Thanks

Not having the vaccine record is not a problem, the Civil Surgeons are used to this scenario. You'll be required to get TD/TDAP, MMR and Influenza (flu shot is only applicable if you're doing the medical during flu season). Also if you've never had chicken pox, a Varicella vaccine will be administered - this gets waived if you've had chicken pox.

Not having the vaccine record is not a problem, the Civil Surgeons are used to this scenario. You'll be required to get TD/TDAP, MMR and Influenza (flu shot is only applicable if you're doing the medical during flu season). Also if you've never had chicken pox, a Varicella vaccine will be administered - this gets waived if you've had chicken pox.
Would I be wise to get these vaccinations in advance of my immigration medical or wait to let the Dr decide what to vaccinate me with? Thank you

Would I be wise to get these vaccinations in advance of my immigration medical or wait to let the Dr decide what to vaccinate me with? Thank you

Getting them in advance of the medical exam will save you on what the CS will end up charging. So yes, I recommend that.

Getting them in advance of the medical exam will save you on what the CS will end up charging. So yes, I recommend that.
Thanks. I currently live in Mexico (I'm a Canadian) so if I got those vaccinations here in Mexico, would they be accepted by the immigration physician? My consular processing will be done in Montreal as well as my physical. Thanks again

I think this is pertinent information you should have provided earlier on. The information I've given so far is related someone already in the US and processing AOS, not CP.

Anyway, my response to your last post is: I don't know.