V Visa Approved

gcwaitforever

Registered Users (C)
Finally my v visa application (and EAD ) have been approved . The next step is to go out of the country and get my passport stamped . Does anyone have an idea of what documents we need and the best way to approach it is ? Since I am already in the US can I go to Toronto and get it stamped . I would appreciate any help . Thanks .

cannot get stamped in toronto - RAJIV please help!!!

hi, my situaton is just like you. got v visa more than a month back. contacted us embassy in montreal - they said have to go back to home country which is India in my case. so you cnnot get stamped from toronto unless you have a status in canada.
now in India - Us embassy is saying that again have to go through medical exam and all procedure, interview process and still some chances of not getting visa stamped on passport - why? I already did that.
I am also in confusion - should not it be simple now as we already got the visa approval - someody please help, RAJIV please help us- by clarifying our doubts.

Unfortunately we have to go through the whole process again in India .In fact we even have to provide the police clearance certificates , etc,. which could become a 4to 6 week process . I decided to just wait it out here and go abroad only if it is absolutely necessary .

hey guys

How long it took you for the whole witing time for the v-Status ?
i`m in the same category of waiting . Did you received the card with the v-status writen on ? or did you received the EAD only ?

That's right . I got my V-visa approval notice and my EAD card a few days later .You need to get the v-visa stamped in your passport unless you have a currently valid Visa when you go out of the country . I am not doing that . Since my I130 has been approved , I will just apply for my I485 and then apply for advance parole .

How long you waited for the i-130 to be approved?

Hello my friend ,

I would like to ask you one more thing , my i-130 has been filled in april 27th 2001 and i`m still waiting for the approval notice . The i-539 & employment authorization is still in the process for more then 5 months now . What i want to know is how long in total you waited for each category i-130 to be approve and v-status also . I check the uscis website for processing date i saw in the NBC that the date for the i-539 is jannuary 20th 2004 and the i-765 in april 05 2004 . Does it mean i`m going to received the work permit first before the approval for v-status ? and can you tell me if the work authorization card is valid for more then one year ? if there is any restriction on it ?

thanks in advance ,

best regards.

I applied for I130 in May'00 . I got approval recently in Septemeber .
I had applied for my v-visa in Jun'03 . I got the approval in Aug'04 . The v-visa approval notice came with the work permit . THe work permit is valid for about 2 years from the date of approval (valid up to Aug'06 ).Let me know if you have any questions . Thanks .

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Hello my friend ,

I would like to ask you one more thing , my i-130 has been filled in april 27th 2001 and i`m still waiting for the approval notice . The i-539 & employment authorization is still in the process for more then 5 months now . What i want to know is how long in total you waited for each category i-130 to be approve and v-status also . I check the uscis website for processing date i saw in the NBC that the date for the i-539 is jannuary 20th 2004 and the i-765 in april 05 2004 . Does it mean i`m going to received the work permit first before the approval for v-status ? and can you tell me if the work authorization card is valid for more then one year ? if there is any restriction on it ?

thanks in advance ,

best regards.

what were the documents you sent for the v-status ?

Thank you for all these usefull information , i have one last question for you which is very important to me . About the documents you have sent with the i-539 application for v-status did you send :

1) I-130 receipt notice

2) medical exam ( i did`nt send that because my lawyer never told me about it )

3) Marriage certificate

4) fee

5) i-765 for employment .

I just want to make sure that i had everything because some other people told me they request a lot of document after ...

I`ve filled mine in april 27 2004 and i have almost 6 months in waiting hoping that they would not forget about me . Can you please explain also what difference the employment card have between it and the other one valid for 1 years that the uscis give to the person who got a I-485 petition filled . Do we have the same rights of employment or do the v-status only limit where should we work at ( just like the H1 visas ) . Thanks it would be very great help .

thanks again

best regards ,

For Those Who Got The V Visa/status Here In The Usa

What is the expiration date?

philaug28 mentioned the card with the v-status writen on. Does it have expiration date on it? Too many questions but my application for V status was approved but it was lost in the mail. I did get my EAD.

Please somebody respond...

I can only advise based on how I received my 'v' visa.

I had to go to the American Embassy for a medical and the v visa interview. Once they were satisfied that I should receive the v visa, the visa was then glued into my passport with an issue date and expiration date (ten years from the issue date). When you arrive in the States you receive an I94 which is valid for two years and is obviously renewable when the two years expires. If you leave the states for a short period during this time, you must hand in the I94 when you leave and when you return, you receive a new I94 valid for two years

It seems odd that yours was posted to you based on how I received mine (in person), but then again maybe there are different situations.

Hope all goes well.

Thank you halfacrown

In my case, I applied for the V Status here in the USA which is different from applying outside. I got my EAD but the approval of the V Status was lost in the mail.

That's why I am asking for sombody who applied here.

Lexmark,
I am(was) in the same situation as you are . My wife is a GC holder and she applied for my GC . I was on a H1 visa until I got my V-Visa approval .The visa is given for 2 years FROM THE DATE OF APPROVAL .

when did you applied for i-130 ?

Hey lexmark ,

I would like to know when did you applied for the i-130 , was it in 2001 ?