Using Employment based PD for Family based immigration.

texancanadian

Registered Users (C)

I know this might be a weird question, but is there a way I can use my August 2001 EB3 Employment based PD and use the PD for family based F3 category application ?

I have been stuck in my GC process as I cant file my 485 due to retrogression. My I 140 has been approved. However my parents will soon be US Citizens and can apply for me in F3 category (married children of US Citizen). I was thinking if there is any way I can port my PD of August 2001 to F3 category. I know we can port PD if moving to another company after I 140 is approved.

Would appreciate any guidance.
Thanks

texancanadian said:

I know this might be a weird question, but is there a way I can use my August 2001 EB3 Employment based PD and use the PD for family based F3 category application ?

I have been stuck in my GC process as I cant file my 485 due to retrogression. My I 140 has been approved. However my parents will soon be US Citizens and can apply for me in F3 category (married children of US Citizen). I was thinking if there is any way I can port my PD of August 2001 to F3 category. I know we can port PD if moving to another company after I 140 is approved.

Would appreciate any guidance.
Thanks

Family based GC for non IR of a USC have a different immigrant visa quota compared to a EB GC. You cannot use the PD from EB to FB.