Using AC21 to transfer to a new job

v_atray

Registered Users (C)
Hi all

I think that mine is a pretty straightforward case; just want a second opinion to confirm that it is indeed the case.

I filed my GC through Employer A in August 2007 (EB2 India). My PD is 06/11/06. I and my wife both have AP and EAD. She is using her EAD to work. For the last 4 international visits we entered using AP.

Starting this week I switched to Employer B, same field with higher salary. No issues with previous employer. I am planning to file AC21 and continue working on EAD till I get my green card, most probably later this year.

One person advised me not do anything, since my PD is very close to becoming current. Filing AC21 will only create RFE, which will delay my case. Any merit in that advice?

Hi all

I think that mine is a pretty straightforward case; just want a second opinion to confirm that it is indeed the case.

I filed my GC through Employer A in August 2007 (EB2 India). My PD is 06/11/06. I and my wife both have AP and EAD. She is using her EAD to work. For the last 4 international visits we entered using AP.

Starting this week I switched to Employer B, same field with higher salary. No issues with previous employer. I am planning to file AC21 and continue working on EAD till I get my green card, most probably later this year.

One person advised me not do anything, since my PD is very close to becoming current.
Filing AC21 will only create RFE, which will delay my case. Any merit in that advice?
----wrong advice. if you don't invoke AC21 then USCIS will send RFE or NOID and then more fees to lawyer. Stay away from that person who gave wrong advice.FYI if you dont invoke AC21 and I-485 gets approved it means that I-485 got approved on the base of Employer A job offer letter that was attached with I-485 and after the I-485 gets approved on the base of Employer A job offer then you must work with A after your I-485 gets approved
-----------------