USCIS refused to create an SR; please help

useruser9999

Registered Users (C)
Hi Experts,

My 140 was recently transferred from Nebraska to Texas after waiting 13 months. RD is March 2007. My company's lawyer contacted USCIS to open an SR as Texas is processing July/Aug 2007 applications and past my processing dates. USCIS refused to open an SR and advised that my application will be treated a new one and will be processed after the other application received in April 2008.

I think USCIS should honor the original RD when a case is transferred from one service center to the other.

I am shocked. I have already waited for 13 months and don't feel this is fair.

I am not sure what are my options are now? I am thinking to contact Ombudsman and local congress man.

Please advice.

Neither will help. This is unfortunately their policy. Its of course ridiculous, unfair and inefficient, but its USCIS. They are not satisfied until you are not satisfied.

I think they should honor the original RD. But, they go by the processing timeline of the new service center. So, in your case, it should have been an advantageous transfer. May be, they are referring to the NSC timeline and refuse to create an SR.

Neither will help. This is unfortunately their policy. Its of course ridiculous, unfair and inefficient, but its USCIS. They are not satisfied until you are not satisfied.