USCIS new fees effective July30th, 2007

this is horrible .. in the sense that they take so much money from us and they can't even do their damn job on time. A person filing for a GC will have to pay atleast 1600$ (that's a lot of money). It was around 300$ 5 yrs ago.

A person filing for a GC will have to pay atleast 1600$ (that's a lot of money). It was around 300$ 5 yrs ago.

Applying for I-485 took about $325 only a year and half ago but now you have to pay a lot even though you can't opt-out of certain fees(previously you could)

I'll be paying about $170 for my financee visa and it'll jump to $455, which is ridiculous

Check out this link: http://www.usavisanow.com/10-16-05.html to compare existing fees with the new schedule of fees.

I would think the next two months USCIS would see a rush of applications that'll delay the process for others.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just hope all the fee increases will reflect on the services we are getting and do something to reduce the backlogs.

I just hope all the fee increases will reflect on the services we are getting and do something to reduce the backlogs.

Call me a pessimist, but I don't think a significant chunk of the money will go to improve USCIS services.

If I had to guess, I'd guess that most of the revenue from the fee increase will go to fund the border patrol (also part of DHS) since a lot of talking heads have been clamoring for it for a while.

Any idea if IV (Immigrant Visa) fee, collected by NVC is going up? I believe its currently $380 per person.

Grrrrr

The USCIS has an interesting idea of what "making the users of the services pay for the services" mean. They raise the price in 2007 so that they can finance system upgrades. I would expect 3 to 5 years to pass before any of the improvements they may make will result in improved service.

Now that I'm a citizen, I find it *much* harder to put up with them (we've been trying to get an N-600 processed for my daughter - she became a USC when my wife took the oath on June 1, 2006). If the average USC had to put up with the "services" the USCIS is supposed to provide, the director would be roasting on a spit.