USCIS: I-797 waitting

yusungkim

Hello, I got a favorable recommendation letter from DOS :) but have still been waitting for I-797 from USCIS:mad:

One of you guys may have same experience.

To check my status of I-797 on USCIS web, I have to have 'application registration number'.

I desperately want to know how to get this. Even on the favorable recommendation letter, I could not find this number.

Some suggested me to call local USCIS office.

Anybody has similar experience--got a favorable letter from DOS but waitting and waitting I-797 from USCIS???:eek::eek::eek:

same case

Hello, I got a favorable recommendation letter from DOS :) but have still been waitting for I-797 from USCIS:mad:

One of you guys may have same experience.

To check my status of I-797 on USCIS web, I have to have 'application registration number'.

I desperately want to know how to get this. Even on the favorable recommendation letter, I could not find this number.

Some suggested me to call local USCIS office.

Anybody has similar experience--got a favorable letter from DOS but waitting and waitting I-797 from USCIS???:eek::eek::eek:

I have been waiting for the final decision from USCIS.It has been a while since July 1st. You need to call USCIS public inquiry to obtain the receipt number.

Same here

My favorable recommendation was processed by DOS on July01st and till today I haven't received my I797 from USCIS and failed to get proper answer when called USCIS. Please let me know if there is particular number that we have to call USCIS.

USCIS number

My favorable recommendation was processed by DOS on July01st and till today I haven't received my I797 from USCIS and failed to get proper answer when called USCIS. Please let me know if there is particular number that we have to call USCIS.

1-800-375-5283 (TTY 1-800-767-1833)
That is USCIS number. Call and wait until you hear instruction. Call to speak with a rep.

Yashraj, call the USCIS. I had the same problem. Have been waiting for like 4 months, called once and didn't receive any answers, so today i called again. And guess what, they approved my case in APRIL (few days after i received the recommendation from DoS) they also mailed the form I-162 but the post office returned this letter to them!!! So many unnecessary months of waiting :mad: So hopefully now everything will be fine I'll receive it soon.
So call and ask, I'm sure they will help U.

Good luck :)

I could get registration #

I have been waiting for the final decision from USCIS.It has been a while since July 1st. You need to call USCIS public inquiry to obtain the receipt number.

I called USCIS 1-800-375-5283. And then #1 selected English, #2 selected..

And then, #3 (lost receipt #)..

And then I could talk a person, and then I could get my receipt #.

And then I could check my status on USCIS web:
---------------------------------------------------
Receipt Number: EACxxxxxxx

Application Type: I612, APPLICATION TO WAIVE FOREIGN RESIDENCE REQUIREMENTS

Current Status: The fee was collected at one location, and the case is now pending at our processing site.

As a routine part of processing this I612, APPLICATION TO WAIVE FOREIGN RESIDENCE REQUIREMENTS is now at our VERMONT SERVICE CENTER location. On August 1, 2009, we mailed you a notice explaining this and describing how we will process your case. Please follow any instructions on this notice. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when yours will be done. This case is at our VERMONT SERVICE CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.
------------------------------------------------

I can not understand why it is still pending.

I am in the same situation. Applied for the waiver based on No Objection in March. The recommendation letter was sent on June 15, but I haven't rec'd any notice from USCIS.

Went to USCIS local office several times but they don't know what to do either. I've mailed the inquiry letters to DOS and USCIS 2 times so far. It is frustrating but just need to keep trying.

Last edited by a moderator:
Call USCIS, luckymung.
Then, select 'lost receipt #', and then you can talk a person. The person will ask you 'where did you apply? then say 'it is supposed to be 'Vermont Service Center'. And then you have to mention. I filed 'I-612'. Then, you can be transfered to another person. The person will ask your Birthday, address, name. And then, you can get your receipt number.

I just talked to USCIS. They approved it back in June but I never received anything. Anyway, thanks for your advice Yusung. I hope you get the approval soon.

On 10th June 2009, Dept. of State sent a favorable recommendation to the USCIS. On 23rd June USCIS mailed their waiver to me. I got my receipt number from USCIS (Tel: 1 800 375 5283). However, so far, after more than two months, I have not received their letter as I am in India, thanks to notorious Indian postal service. Now USCIS is telling me to file I 824 for a duplicate copy of the waiver which costs $340. Now what should I do? Any suggestions?

Called USCIS to get rec#

Yashraj, call the USCIS. I had the same problem. Have been waiting for like 4 months, called once and didn't receive any answers, so today i called again. And guess what, they approved my case in APRIL (few days after i received the recommendation from DoS) they also mailed the form I-162 but the post office returned this letter to them!!! So many unnecessary months of waiting :mad: So hopefully now everything will be fine I'll receive it soon.

As per suggestion in this thread I called USCIS and was totally disappointed to know that they couldnot trace my application (which was sent from DOS directly to vermont center) in their data base even after 3 months. They suggested me to write to vermont center with the photocopy of DOS recommendation, which I will do this week, by the way my favorable reco from DOS was sent to me and to vermont center on July 01st. It is good that I called USCIS to find out rec# otherwise I would have waisted some more time thinking that it will come. Thanks to you all on this thread!

how long do you wait as i am in the same situation and in 2 months my DS2019 will expire can I get an extension with a DOS letter.

The approval notice is sent to your home address as indicated on the DS-3035 (not the mailing address).
It usually takes 2-3 weeks after you see the favourable recommendation.

try calling USCIS, it may not have made into their database as it happened to me

Hi Yashraj01

Did you ever received your USCIS letter? It has been 2 months and a half since DOS sent my recommendation and after I called today USCIS keep saying that I am not in their system. What do you advice?

Thanks,

Liliana

Hi Basiek,

I received my recommendation from DOS on Oct 21, 2015. Today Jan 13, 2015 I called to USCIS (I have called in the past) and they told me I don't appear in their system. i am really worry that my documents got lost when DOS send them.

What would it be your advice? i have contacted DOS already and asked them if they can re-send them. I am so exhausted of waiting and worry I am waiting for nothing since I am not in USCIS system.

Thanks,

Lili