USCIS California Service Center Issuing Erroneous AOS Approval Notices

lcauser

Registered Users (C)
Due to a computer systems error, USCIS California Service Center recently issued a number of notices erroneously informing Adjustment of Status applicants that their applications have been approved. The notices differ from true I-485 Application to Adjust Status approval notices in that they are labeled “Notice Type: Welcome Notice,” and do not provide the applicant instructions on ADIT processing. They may also be distinguished from actual I-485 approval notices by their text, “Welcome to the United States of America,” and a statement that a Permanent Resident Card will be received within three weeks.

We expect that more of these notices will be issued before the California Service Center is able to correct the computer system problem. Please be advised that receipt of one of these notices does not mean that the related I-485 application has been approved. Should you receive one of these notices, please contact our office so that we may follow up with the California Service Center and confirm that your I-485 is being processed normally. The California Service Center has assured our office that it will investigate each I-485 case on which one of these “Welcome Notices” has been issued.

Source: http://www.jackson-hertogs.com

Is there any one with this kind of welcome notices

completes their stamping...?????

If there is at least one then we can forget about this news.

How good is to believe this website???? No web site mentions about this erraneous approal notices>>>>

i am sure if the CSC did release the memo to the prress, very soon other lawfirms will put it up. Since it was released on 2nd, just before the long weekend, most did not have anyone to update the website probably.

I received one of these notices too!!

Hello Friends,
I received a notice saying Notice Type: Welcome Notice, Section: Adjustment as direct beneficiary of immigrant petition & is titled "Welcome to the United States of America".

The notice reads as below:

This is to notify you that your application for pernanent residence has been approved. It is with great pleasure that we welcome you to permanent resident status in the United States.

etc..................

We will soon mail you a new Permanent Resident Card. You should receive it within the next 3 weeks. You can use it to show your new status. When you receive your card you must carry it with you at all times if you are 18 are older. It is the law.

etc...etc...etc.... They also give me an 800 # to call if there are any problems!"

Another thing I noticed is that I could not check the status of my case Online in the USCIS Online Status Check web site. It gives me an error message that it cannot find any information about my case at this time!!! :confused:

Guess, I will call my attorneys tomorrow & have them fax an inquiry.... :confused:

Will keep you all posted.

Thanks,
RD: 3/2/02, Final ND: 6/17/04
WAC-02-124-5xxxx

Oh, another thing I forgot to mention is that the actual notice I got DID NOT have any instructions on getting my passport stamped, going to the local INS office w/ Pics, Finger Prints to be taken at INS office, etc.... I am not sure if all or any of these are mandatory but when I ran it by my attorneys office, they speculated that it might be a new process & that we will have to wait at least 3 weeks from notice date to enquire about it :-(
So, essentially I am waiting for another week to pass by, before I can get any more information... Will keep you all posted as soon as I receive any further information.

Thanks,