USCIS “Welcome Notices” Indicate Actual Approval of Adjustment of Status Application

polyamine2004

Registered Users (C)
The USCIS California Service Center (CSC) has informed our office that the erroneous “Welcome Notices” it recently issued for Adjustment of Status applications indicate that the I-485 application was in fact approved. When we initially contacted the CSC about these notices, the CSC believed that the notices were automatically generated by a problem in its computer system. The CSC has since learned that the erroneous notices were issued due to clerical computer entry errors when the I-485 applications were reviewed and approved. Although the “Welcome Notice” approval notices indicate that the Adjustment of Status application has been approved, these documents are not valid immigration documents and cannot be used to complete ADIT processing and obtain a passport stamp indicating that the applicant is a permanent resident.

Jackson & Hertogs clients who receive an I-485 approval notice labeled “Notice Type: Welcome Notice”, should contact our office so that we may bring it to the attention of the CSC. The CSC has advised our office that it will investigate each affected application individually and ensure that a regular, valid Adjustment of Status approval notice is issued within a few days.

polyamine2004 said:
The USCIS California Service Center (CSC) has informed our office that the erroneous “Welcome Notices” it recently issued for Adjustment of Status applications indicate that the I-485 application was in fact approved. When we initially contacted the CSC about these notices, the CSC believed that the notices were automatically generated by a problem in its computer system. The CSC has since learned that the erroneous notices were issued due to clerical computer entry errors when the I-485 applications were reviewed and approved. Although the “Welcome Notice” approval notices indicate that the Adjustment of Status application has been approved, these documents are not valid immigration documents and cannot be used to complete ADIT processing and obtain a passport stamp indicating that the applicant is a permanent resident.

Jackson & Hertogs clients who receive an I-485 approval notice labeled “Notice Type: Welcome Notice”, should contact our office so that we may bring it to the attention of the CSC. The CSC has advised our office that it will investigate each affected application individually and ensure that a regular, valid Adjustment of Status approval notice is issued within a few days.
After approval you are welcomed as permanent resident. What are the instructions on the welcome notice. Is it different from actual approval notice.

polyamine2004
From today's experience, I disagree with the statement

Although the “Welcome Notice” approval notices indicate that the Adjustment of Status application has been approved, these documents are not valid immigration documents and cannot be used to complete ADIT processing and obtain a passport stamp indicating that the applicant is a permanent resident.

I got a stamping today. KingAnil007 and Dec02 also got stamping done and claim to have similar notices. Further discussion at http://immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=132841&page=4&pp=15

Forgot to add that I got stamping today with the courtesy copy which contains welcome to united states text
Trying to avoid confusion

IIOs at local office do not seem to have any idea about this.

mazdur_desi said:
polyamine2004
From today's experience, I disagree with the statement

Although the “Welcome Notice” approval notices indicate that the Adjustment of Status application has been approved, these documents are not valid immigration documents and cannot be used to complete ADIT processing and obtain a passport stamp indicating that the applicant is a permanent resident.

I got a stamping today. KingAnil007 and Dec02 also got stamping done and claim to have similar notices. Further discussion at http://immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=132841&page=4&pp=15

mazdur_desi said:
Forgot to add that I got stamping today with the courtesy copy which contains welcome to united states text
Trying to avoid confusion

Mazdur_desi,

What all do you need to take with you (apart from Passport and I-797 notice).

Thanks!
Neelesh

I took all past EAD and APs and the approval notice.
Also took 2 photographs.They are called ADIT style photographs in the 'authentic' notice. They are the same as the photographs used for AP processing. The size is to be no larger than 2x2 inches. I don't remember the distance from the hair to the chin but I guess since you would have anyway done AP - you would know the kind of photographs to be taken.

I planned to avoid giving EAD and AP. A friend who went along with me for his stamping specifically asked his IIO if EAD and AP were to be submitted. He was told that it was not a requirement but nevertheless took it from him
The IIO assigned to me did not ask for the EAD / APs.

mazdur_desi said:
I took all past EAD and APs and the approval notice.
Also took 2 photographs.They are called ADIT style photographs in the 'authentic' notice. They are the same as the photographs used for AP processing. The size is to be no larger than 2x2 inches. I don't remember the distance from the hair to the chin but I guess since you would have anyway done AP - you would know the kind of photographs to be taken.

I planned to avoid giving EAD and AP. A friend who went along with me for his stamping specifically asked his IIO if EAD and AP were to be submitted. He was told that it was not a requirement but nevertheless took it from him
The IIO assigned to me did not ask for the EAD / APs.

Where did you go for stamping? sorry if you have already mentioned it.
Did you have to wait in appointment queue or a normal queue the one that people wait in from 4:00 am in the morning. I plan to go tomorrow morning and was wondering if you can let me know your entire stamping experience.

Thanks!
Neelesh

I went to San Jose, Montery Road office. The 'authentic' notice mentions thata the office is open from Monday - Thursday, but a friend talked to an IIO and it seems he was asked to come today (Friday) for stamping. The office closed at 12 pm yesterday (Thursday) even though the time of closure was 3 pm. No reasons were assigned.

Jackson-hertogs website message is correct

I did stamping on my passport in the last week with welcome notice.

Today i received an e-mail from USCIS informing me that _----The case has been approved. Only July 12th we send a notice....blah..blah....????

Should i go to INS office to submit my adit photos ONCE AGAIN (ofcourse they won`t do the stamping again on my passport) with this notice to process for Plastic Card.

Any views appreciated.