USC filed I-130 for brother (in Pakistan) who has been granted a visit visa

nakhan1

Hello,

I am a USC and filed a I-130 for my brother and his family back in 2003. My brother is 40 years old, his wife around 32, kids are 10, 8, 4. I think it would be another 6 years or so before he gets his green card.

Now, my brother and his family, who lives in Pakistan, has been granted a 5 year multiple B1/B2 visa.

Obviously if he comes here on the visit visa, he will not be authorized to work.

Is there any way he can come here to visit and file for an adjustment of status based on the fact that his I-130 is pending?

If so, will he be able to get employment authorization?

Any information you can provide will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Clarification needed

Hello Mr. Ghouri,

I am not sure if I understand your reply. How is that relevant to the topic that I posted?

Can you please clarify?

Regards,

Nadeem

hi
Can your please refresh your positing if there is some update in your brothers case as its been a while.
look forward hearing from you. Thanks AH

Obviously if he comes here on the visit visa, he will not be authorized to work. Is there any way he can come here to visit and file for an adjustment of status based on the fact that his I-130 is pending? If so, will he be able to get employment authorization?

For a sibling based case, AOS can only be filed when the I-130 is approved and the priority date is current.

Is there any way he can come here to visit and file for an adjustment of status based on the fact that his I-130 is pending? If so, will he be able to get employment authorization?