US-VISIT for LPR

I don't have a problem with that...yes it will increase the entry time into USA by a few minutes...but might be better for national security....

They already have my finger prints from when I got my GC ... I don't mind giving it again...

But what about the citizens? Why not take their fingerprints too? Isn't it the same if people duplicate the passport and try to enter the country illegally?

Is it easier to do a fraud on passport instead of GC?

And certain Canadian citizen. If it's for security purpose, they should screen at least all the foreigners.

Perhaps they will have to change the name of US-VISIT. By definition, LPRs are not visitors.

I left US in the second week of August from SFO and returned after a week. I talked to the guy who managed the US-VISIT terminal while leaving, who said LPRs don't have to do it.

While returning, the officer asked for how long I was out and did not take any finger prints. He just swiped the GC and stamped on my passport.

It is not applied for LPR at thie moment. They will decide from when LPR has to follow this process.

Last edited by a moderator: