US to Canada move???

shail007

Registered Users (C)
Folks please share your (or anyone you know) experiences on moving to Canada from USA.
It would help people like me to get more information.

thanks.

No experience. But if you are looking to move Canada with PR, try to get job while you are in US. Get a Canada phone number ( internet phone as Vonage), apply for job with Canada e-mail address ( mail.yahoo.co.in) and with local canada address. Salary are low in canada with more tax. Canadian will like to see experience in Canada, I hope US experience should be fine for them. Best of luck

No problems

Hello!

Both my husband and I are U.S. citizens that successfully moved to Canada on two separate occasions, under two separate sets of circumstances.

My husband moved to Victoria, BC from Arkansas to attend University/grad school...so he came through with a Student Authorisation.

I moved up here to be with him a year later from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. I came unemployed at the time as a visitor. I then found employment, but required a Work Authorisation to be able to accept the position.

Thankfully I had done my homework and knew I was eligible for work through the NAFTA before I even moved here...there just weren't any jobs available prior to my move.

Once hired, everything else fell together rather quickly. I brought all my documents to the local Immigration office (in Canada, not in the States) and they let me apply there instead of returning to Point of Entry because I had everything I needed right then and there. (However, my husband had to do everything at the Peace Arch Border Crossing when he came through with his Student Authorisation.)

Anyway, my Authorisation had to be renewed every year...I've been able to do so each year...for almost six years total...without any problems. yes the process is slow and tedious, but there have been no major complications.

My husband has since returned to the States to further his career (post-doctoral fellowship) and I will be leaving Canada to join him at the end of next month. But I have no doubt that we'll return if given the chance...and I'll have no worries about going back through the process again.

The stories that I've heard seem to suggest it is far easier for a professional to come from the U.S. to work in Canada than the other way around, sad to say.

If you have any other questions, let me know...I'll try to help as best I can.

Denaunie