US Passport Timeline

Thank you, everyone, for the helpful tips. I have been following this thread for passport timelines but do not see any recent updates. I applied for my kid’s passport on April 11th, but have not received the passport (including birth cert and NC) yet. Wondering whether I am visiting the right thread and also would like to know what the passport timeline is nowadays.

Wow..Got my passport book today. It was pretty quicker than I expected. Awaiting passport card and certificate.

Applied: 5/18
Recd passport book: 5/27

All,

We received our passports & passport cards and my NC on 05/23, but my wife's Naturalization Certificate is still not yet come. Is it normal that after receiving Passport card the NC comes few days later ??

Appreciate your feedback.

Thanks,
Why-R

Applied for Passport

I have applied for the passport on 5/28 (expedited) through USPS. Could not see it on "online".
:-(

I have applied for the passport on 5/28 (expedited) through USPS. Could not see it on "online".
:-(

check back on June 2nd - it should take 5 business days from the day they received your application to ship it out since you paid the extra $60

I say you should get it by the end of next week

Thanks for the updates. I am planning to travel on 7/18th to India. Is there a possibility for me to get the OCI car if I apply as soon as I get my passport? Or just get a visa and go on 7/18.

I am wondering if the OCI comes after I left (after 7/18), will it get cancelled due to non-show. I am planning to return on 9/5.

Any thoughts/suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks for the updates. I am planning to travel on 7/18th to India. Is there a possibility for me to get the OCI car if I apply as soon as I get my passport? Or just get a visa and go on 7/18.

I am wondering if the OCI comes after I left (after 7/18), will it get cancelled due to non-show. I am planning to return on 9/5.

Any thoughts/suggestions?

Thanks in advance.
Different Indian consulate has different time line. So I would not relay on OCI. Better to get Visa to be on safe side.

I don't think OCI will be canceled for no show. I believe you can get stamped once you return.

This will be helpful http://forums.immigration.com/forumdisplay.php?f=243

My passport application status is shown up on the site. Just a number and nothing more than that. The check also got cleared today... Hope I will get by next week.

My passport application status is shown up on the site. Just a number and nothing more than that. The check also got cleared today... Hope I will get by next week.

They will ship it out in 5 biz days from the day they received it if you paid the extra $60 - that was the case for me and thats what their website says

Passport timeline

Adding my timeline for passport processing.

06/03/09: Applied for PPB and PPC at post office, Regular processing
06/08/09: Checks cleared (ACH debit)
06/09/09: Online status established on travel.state.gov

My timeline
5/19/09: applied at NYC post office, regular processing
6/9/09: received PPB, PPC and certificate back

Applied for passport at a USPS on 10th june. Paid the extra $60 for expedited service. yet to show up on the website. Went to the Passport Agency today and they couldn't pull it up either. Hope I get it quickly, as I am planning to travel on 28th June and have to apply for a Indian visa.....

My wife and I applied my passport at local post office on May 30th and I received my passport on June 15th. I applied regular processing.

Received a call from United States Department of State yesterday night around 8 PM. My wife didn't pick it up. When I returned home I called back that number and it said the number is not in service. Within a minute received call from the same number. The person on the line informed me that he needs to speak to my wife. He mentioned that there is a problem on the name, they don't have enough space to put my wife's name on the passport. We filled the form online and it allowed us to enter the name. The limit is 29 characters but my wife's first name is 30 characters (4 word) and last name is 12 characters. We used only first 2 words (12 characters) as first name and one middle initial in the drivers license and he wanted our permission to use the same way in the passport also. I thought it is pretty good service.

I applied for my passport on 05/19/09 and got it on 06/15/2009. I never received any email for updates and online status still shows that it may take 4 to 6 weeks.

Is it okay to submit a Passport Application even though I don't have plans of travelling in the near future? On the application form, No. 19, Travel Plans, do I have to put N.A. or None?

Is it okay to submit a Passport Application even though I don't have plans of travelling in the near future? On the application form, No. 19, Travel Plans, do I have to put N.A. or None?

Perfectly okay. Either N.A, None or a blank will do.