US Passport Timeline

Got my PP

I got my passport today, pretty fast service.

Applied by regular service on 4/4

It looks very nice. I am happy :)

Good luck to everyone in the journey.

when can I expect pp

I get following (latest status)
I applied on 04/02 regular service.
-------------------------
Thank you for submitting your application for a U.S. passport book! It is currently being processed.

Your passport application locator number is xxxxxxxxxxx.

When you applied, you requested Routine Service.

This means your passport should delivered on or about 04/21/2009.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
The delivery date was first 04/27 then 04/26 and now became 04/21.

when can i expect? (Does the status need to be changed to "mailed"?)

Thanks

I have been tracking my application for 4 days now and everyday I get a different delivery date . It started at 5/17 and it went down to 5/12, 5/11 and today 4/26. What is up with this dates and can they go back up?

Last edited by a moderator:
Got my first passport on 4/14 and noticed a flaw in the photo. The flaw was big enough to be uncomfortable. Called NPIC and they suggested I sent it back. I sent it back to Seattle agency the same day via overnight at my cost. They issued a new passport on the 17th and sent it overnight via Fedex, got it this morning. The new passport has a new number.
In the mean time I got my passport card with the same flaw. Now I will have to correct it.
Oh by the way, I was "assured" that I would be reimbursed for the additional mailing cost, in about SIX WEEKS!

I recieved my Passport book today. The 12 day turn around time for routine service was impressive.

Please pardon my insistence, but what kind of flaw? :)

Got my first passport on 4/14 and noticed a flaw in the photo. The flaw was big enough to be uncomfortable. Called NPIC and they suggested I sent it back. I sent it back to Seattle agency the same day via overnight at my cost. They issued a new passport on the 17th and sent it overnight via Fedex, got it this morning. The new passport has a new number.
In the mean time I got my passport card with the same flaw. Now I will have to correct it.
Oh by the way, I was "assured" that I would be reimbursed for the additional mailing cost, in about SIX WEEKS!

I still can't track my status online :confused:. It says my application was not found.

Finally the online link is able to find my passport application. However it does not give me an estimate of when I will receive it.

Wondering about photo

Even my photo in the US passport is a bit funky ! It almost appears as if the photo has been divided into two halves with the top half lighter than the bottom half. There are no white spots or anything on it though and the photo does look totally continuous. I'm wondering if I should look into getting it changed.

Any thoughts/comments appreciated.

Naturalization Certificate

I received my PP on 4/16 and PC on 4/20 but have NOT received my Naturalization Certificate.

Is that normal and how long it generally take to get the Cert of Nat?

Thanks for the replies.

Vital, you will probably get it tomorrow or the day after. They usually mail it within a day or two from the PC mail date.

Even my photo in the US passport is a bit funky ! It almost appears as if the photo has been divided into two halves with the top half lighter than the bottom half. There are no white spots or anything on it though and the photo does look totally continuous. I'm wondering if I should look into getting it changed.

Any thoughts/comments appreciated.

If you are not in a hurry, I would say send it in via priority + signature confirmation. Do you know/remember which agency it came from?

Has anyone ever heard of them loosing a birth or naturalization certificate?
A Birth cert is easily replaceable, in most cases, anyway.
But a nc is very expensive. Is the PP agency liable at all if it were lost or destroyed?

If you are not in a hurry, I would say send it in via priority + signature confirmation. Do you know/remember which agency it came from?

I believe it came from New Hampshire. Can I just walk into the Houston Passport Agency and ask them if I should get it changed/fixed? It's a few blocks from my office.

Finally the online link is able to find my passport application. However it does not give me an estimate of when I will receive it.

Got my passport in the mail. Took 4 weeks.

The online status says, it is in the final processing stages.