US Green Card want to apply Canadian PR

KoalaBear

Registered Users (C)
Hello all,

My wife is a US Green Card through family sponsorship (I sponsored her, I'm a US Citizen). She got her Green Card early this year (April 2010). Now she's planning to apply for Canadian PR (since she has many relatives there) through Federal Skilled Worker.

Our questions are:
1) Within 3 years she will be eligible to apply for US Citizenship, will this Canadian PR application affect her US Citizenship in the future?
2) If she applies the Canadian PR now, will it jeopardize her Green Card status in the US? (She lives and work full time in the US).

What are the pros and cons of this plan? Please advice.
Thanks a lot in advance. :)

A1: As long as she meets all eligibility criteria for US citizenship, her Canadian PR status will not affect her N-400.
A2: As long as she meets all eligibility criteria for maintaining her GC status, applying for Canadian PR will not make a difference.

Out of sheer curiosity, she is applying for Canadian PR just because she has relatives there? She can always visit them in Canada. If she intends to live and work in the US with you, why bother with Canadian PR?

1) Within 3 years she will be eligible to apply for US Citizenship, will this Canadian PR application affect her US Citizenship in the future?
2) If she applies the Canadian PR now, will it jeopardize her Green Card status in the US? (She lives and work full time in the US).

Triple Citizen,

Thanks a lot for your advice bro.

Yup, the thought came out of the blue since she recently went there to visit them. She mentioned how she likes the serenity of the place and thought that it's a good place to raise children. Who knows one day we might want to move there so that she can be closer to her relatives too. So, here we are.. planning and thinking if this is a good idea or not
For me personally, I'm okay either in the US or Canada as long as we plan it ahead of time and there's a good reason behind it. That's why I support her.

Again thanks a lot for your advice. If we really proceed with the process, we certainly will need lotsa advices from you. Since you've been through both country's immigration procedure, I think you're expert in this matter. :)
Thanks bro.

A1: As long as she meets all eligibility criteria for US citizenship, her Canadian PR status will not affect her N-400.
A2: As long as she meets all eligibility criteria for maintaining her GC status, applying for Canadian PR will not make a difference.

Out of sheer curiosity, she is applying for Canadian PR just because she has relatives there? She can always visit them in Canada. If she intends to live and work in the US with you, why bother with Canadian PR?

Btw, Triple Citizen do you think she'll get a chance to be approved for Canadian PR if she's currently a US Green Card (PR). Can 1 person be 2 PR on the same time? Will the Canadian Immigration make a problem with her PR application since she's currently holding US Green Card? Pls advice.