US GC holder, India passport expiring 3 June 2013, travelling india 20 Feb 2013 - 5 Mar 2013

x000glee

I am a US GC holder, my India passport is expiring 3 June 2013, i have booked my travel to india from 20 Feb 2013, returning back on 5 Mar 2013.

I sent my passport for renewal last week, but today got passport update from SFO office that I am missing documents - online form has some entries not matching passport, and they are returning my passport back.

I just have less that 4 weeks before travel, and don't want to send it for renewal now. Would I have any issues traveling with passport expiring in June? I am traveling from Houston to dubai to ahmedabad, and return back same route, via emirates airlines. I am now planning to renew my passport once I am back in USA.

Thanks a lot, nkm.

Would I have issues leaving India, and clearing immigration in India? Anyone been in this situation that can help?

I checked with some forums which mentioned that it is up to the airlines to let me board coming back from India.. but then I learnt that emirates does not check the 6 month validity. I am not worried with US immigrations when i return because I have a GC.

Only countries of arrival have passport validity requirement, and that too only for foreigners. Since you are an Indian national returning to India, this validity rule does not apply to you.

Thanks nkm.. your responses have been very helpful. Gives me great peace of mind for my travel :). Thanks again for your time.