us citizenship through naturalization, utility bill to prove live over 3 months in current state

maverick_s

I'm about to apply for us citizenship through naturalization.
I have lived in Maryland since last year but for some reason didn't convert my driver license only until early this year.
then we have this covid 19 pandemic and DMV was closed until recently. so I only get my MD driver license this month.
Can I use my gas and electric utility statement to prove that I lived in MD for over 3 months?

thanks

i don’t know. I presume you did not apply within the state rules, isn’t it 60 days for MD? But not sure uscis cares about that.

i don’t know. I presume you did not apply within the state rules, isn’t it 60 days for MD? But not sure uscis cares about that.
I agree. USCIS would be more concerned about the character of the applicant than the establishing the residency.

I agree. USCIS would be more concerned about the character of the applicant than the establishing the residency.
Please don’t mischaracterize what I said, or take one post out of context of the conversation. They definitely do deny if the 3-month residency is not met, we have seen it often enough and this is not something I would be complacent about. My comment was that they would not necessarily care that the DMV required timeframe for a state DL had not been met as long as OP can sufficiently establish residency otherwise.

Please don’t mischaracterize what I said, or take one post out of context of the conversation. They definitely do deny if the 3-month residency is not met, we have seen it often enough and this is not something I would be complacent about. My comment was that they would not necessarily care that the DMV required timeframe for a state DL had not been met as long as OP can sufficiently establish residency otherwise.
I agreed with you and did not mischaracterize what you quoted. You perceived it that way. All I was trying to convey is that USCIS has better things to worry on than the basic preliminary requirement of establishing residency based on DL or utility bill. We all know that one has to be a proven resident of the state to apply from that state.

Can’t be bothered to debate back and forth, your initial post speaks for itself as clearly misrepresenting what I said, and I corrected the wrong impression you created, end of story.

You have a lease or mortgage? Use that as proof to establish residency in said state along with utility bills ,that should be sufficient.