US citizens deported

Its scary, but raises few points

1. After you have become U.S.Citizen, never ever claim you are from somewhere else. Specially if you are in custody of ICE. Many of us tend to answer our country of origin when asked 'where are you from'.

2. The bozos at many govt agencies need to stop taking steps in the name of 911. The idiots who caused the 911 were in the country legally and with proper visas. Deporting everyone who they think illegal wouldnt have stopped the incident because that is not the root of the problem.

3. We are down the road of ignoring the ones who cannot defend themselves. We are down the road where all people are not created equal. We are actually down the road where we take the frustration of our incompetence on the ones who cannot defend themselves.

Relax, this has nothing to do with us, who would have a N-550 on file. Also, if you are mentally ill you won't be eligible for naturalization anyway.

The interesting poit is how on the Green Earth, the embassy gave the person a passport.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ofcourse this is not about "us". Assuming you are differentiating yourself from the born citizen. This story isnt "scary" because ICE would do something to a sane, naturalized citizen. Its scary because ICE would do something like this to a 'citizen' of the country. And by the time it comes to "us" it will be too late to do anything. Every citizen of the country has obligation to look after other citizen and keep the govt proper. The day we dont feel the obligation is the day we set the course of this country just like the country we came from.

Obviously ICE makes mistakes too but I definitely support them. Illegal immigration is a serious issue that needs to be solved. And aclu and ultraliberals aren't helping a bit in this. Everybody says how bad ice, cbp and border patrol are but they never say what they would do. Too easy!

To be fair, the guy reported himself as Mexican several times and even signed documents on two occasions attesting to that. Admittedly he is probably not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but why would it be ICE's responsibility to prove he is a US Citizen and not deport him.

All moot, but it highlights how lucky we are (or will soon be) as Naturalized Citizens, we will have our Naturalization Certificate to prove we are Citizens.

You don't need to be a nobel prize also. Even if you are a citizen and don't have your gc anymore, just remember (or carry with you) your A#. They could easily check your status with that.

Obviously ICE makes mistakes too but I definitely support them.

The U.S. government admitted in April that it had wrongly deported a North Carolina native, but newly released documents show that federal investigators ignored FBI records and other evidence showing that the man was a United States citizen.

Sure you do. :rolleyes:

Ok, fire whoever made the mistake. There are plenty of idiots in the world, I'm sure some of them ended up at ICE.
But they don't say how many people illegally in the US are being successfully deported by ice every year.
What do you want to do? No more ice and open borders???

Obviously ICE makes mistakes too but I definitely support them. Illegal immigration is a serious issue that needs to be solved. And aclu and ultraliberals aren't helping a bit in this. Everybody says how bad ice, cbp and border patrol are but they never say what they would do. Too easy!

Lets start with not assigning blame on people who don't share your political point of view. That's just lazy and lame. Then we can hire N&O people to run basic background check on "illegals" to make sure they are not deporting citizens. Next fire the ICE agents for sheer incompetence and letting their personal prejudices cloud their judgment. Next recognize illegal immigration is NOT just law or order problem. I can go on....

The illegal immigrants from Mexico are treated just like the Irish and Italians were treated after their wave of immigration to this country - xenophobia.

I don't think it's xenophobia per se (I'm sure some of ICE agents are racist but that's just plain statistics). If somebody is illegally in the country, he's an illegal immigrant and should be deported. Obviously it happens that most of the illegal immigrants are mexican nationals. Why? Just check the atlas, mere opportunity. It's not racism to say that most illegal immigrants are from Mexico. What does it have to do with the xenophobia that Irish and Italian regularly admitted immigrants had to face a century ago?

To be fair, the guy reported himself as Mexican several times and even signed documents on two occasions attesting to that. Admittedly he is probably not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but why would it be ICE's responsibility to prove he is a US Citizen and not deport him.

All moot, but it highlights how lucky we are (or will soon be) as Naturalized Citizens, we will have our Naturalization Certificate to prove we are Citizens.
Why would it be ICE's responsibility to prove he is U.S Citizen ? Its because they are the ones who catch the fish and have responsibility of deporting illegal aliens. You know how serious it is to claim to be U.S.Citizen ? You know why ? Because, supposedly, a verbal declaration of U.S.Citizenship supposed to mean protection. Even if you claim to be U.S.Citizen once during the ordeal, you are supposed to be afforded due process. Just like there are severe penalties in claiming false U.S.Citizenship, there should be severe penalties for discarding such claim when its valid - so they better make sure they follow process to validate such claim before discarding it.

He was also bi-polar. Maybe he didn't take his meds that day which makes sense when you are in custody...i agree ICE makes mistakes but they deliberately refused to acknowledge his citizenship neither did they try to notify his next of kin. That aint a mistake. Thats called not doing your job right!

Folks, I propose that we all tattoo our A#s.

In all seriousness, it is sad that they could treat a citizen like that. How about deporting the officer responsible for this mess to his ancestral country?

Folks, I propose that we all tattoo our A#s.

In all seriousness, it is sad that they could treat a citizen like that. How about deporting the officer responsible for this mess to his ancestral country?
I know you meant the first line with sarcasm. I have better idea.

a) ICE should deport any naturalized citizen found in possession of A# or other proof of immigration - for that they are living in violation of basic spirit of citizenship and freedom.

b) Law should be changed to make claim to U.S.Citizenship not a crime any more - for that such claim has no benefit and offer no protection.

c) All citizens should carry certain burn mark on their skin - just like we mastered and tracked farm animals.

Seriouly - if you are wondering what you can do,

a) Start with finding out who your representatives are and start dropping a displeasure letters whenever you see the agencies going too far in the name of security.

b) Start considering yourself (nat citizen) equal to and no different than a born citizen, because there shouldnt be any difference. What happens to one can happen to other.

c) Participate in political process. All the places we have come from, they are messed up because people dont make choices, they give out control easily and without even knowing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Every one should be thankful to the agency that nothing has happened to America. Good job.
ICE - Immigration and Customs Enforcement is tasked with making sure proper immigration and customs laws are enforced. In the given cases of deporting Citizens, ICE failed miserably in doing what they are tasked to do. They deserve credit in properly deporting illegal immigrants, not for deporting citizens and not certainly for lack of any significant issues in national security.

Significant events that are of national security level are way beyond ICE capabilities. CIA ouside the borders and FBI inside the borders are tasked with tracking and neutralizing national security threats - and not ICE.

Every one should be thankful to the agency that nothing has happened to America. Good job.

Which agency, ICE, and thanks to what, job site raids at a chicken factory? Under what pretense, that the chickens were being terrorized by undocumented aliens? I'm sure I'm thankful to some agency for some job well done on keeping us secure, but don't you think that those are more like the FBI, CIA, NSA instead of the poultry industry raiding ICE?

I'm with absrao on his different posts.

How about firing someone at the embassy issued the passport to the guy? If they glimpse at their computer for 5 sec. they would have learned they should not.
What are you talking about ? Are we talking about the same thing ? The guy who ICE deported was Citizen and thats why Consulate (rightfully) issued passport to him so he can enter the country. How is that wrong ?