US citizen parents sponsoring over 21 son..

ngoclinh23

Hi,

I'm single, over 21 living in the US with "PR pending", my parents are GC holders. They will get their US citizenship in 2007 so my priority date will automatically come closer. My question is, will I get a GC right away...or will I first get a work permit, followed by a GC? Has anyone experienced this situation? Anyone know the rough timeline?

Many Thanks!

Hi,

I'm single, over 21 living in the US with "PR pending", my parents are GC holders. They will get their US citizenship in 2007 so my priority date will automatically come closer. My question is, will I get a GC right away...or will I first get a work permit, followed by a GC? Has anyone experienced this situation? Anyone know the rough timeline?

Many Thanks!

What do you mean your parents “will get” citizenship in 2007? Assume you mistyped the year?
What is your priority date?

What status are you actually on? There is no status called “PR pending”. There is “adjustment pending” but afaik you can’t be on that as a child of an LPR until your priority date is current. Are you adjusting from another type of visa?