US Citizen marrying in India

viper12

Hello,

I've seen a lot of information on K-3 visas and peripheral documents. However, I haven't seen anything in detail that explains my questions.

I am US citizen and recently got engaged in India to an Indian citizen. I will be going back in June of this year to get married. 2 options that I have seen so far are Fiancee visa (K-1?) and K-3 visa. For fiancee visa, my fiancee would need to come to US before getting married. This option is not feasible. For K-3 visa, all the documentation that I have seen are what would I need to do if I were to file for her from US.

I keep hearing from friends that my to-be wife and I can simply go to Delhi after getting married and file for her immigration status there..and it would take no longer than 3 months for her to come here.

Questions are:
- What visa is that qualified under? Is that still considered K-3?
- Does anyone have a list of forms/documents that both of us would need to take with us? (On Delhi consulate website: http://newdelhi.usembassy.gov/wwwhk.html - it explains from the perspective of my fiancee, where it talks about me filing I-129? I thought I was only to take I-130 with me to Delhi!? Is I-129 needed?)
- Is there any pre-requisites? (Do I need to take anything along with me from US, when I go to India?)
- Should my fiancee get a head-start on preparing any document in India?
- While browsing through uscis.gov site, I came across a few forms that I thought I'd need. In I-134, question: "This affidavit is executed in behalf of the following person." - Whose information is required here: mine or my fiancee's?
- In I-130: Question 15 requests Employer information...it is under "your relative" section, but isn't it really asking for my employer info?

In summary - I can't file for K-3 until after I am married, right? And if that's the case, is it better to file from India or after I come back to US and then start the process? Which is quicker? What forms do I need?

Thanks in advance!!!

Did you get yuor answers, please help me

Did you get your answers..if so can you tell me. I'm in the same sitution as you. Specifically, I am planning to get married in India with a resident of Delhi, and am a US Citizen. Immediately after marriage out there, would I have to physically wait in India for "60-days" before (or after) I file the I-130 and/or K-3 Spouse Visa with the US Embassy?

Or, could I return immediately to the US at the end of my trip, and have the process take its due course in the background?