US citizen marrying gal in India ? Can you help me ?

crystalman

US citizen marrying gal in India ? triplecitizen advice me ?

Hi,

I am an USA citizen and thinking to marry a girl from India ( I know her only a month). Can some one answer me ? what kind of process/visa i should go through ? I live in west coast of USA. How long the process will take for me to get her to USA ? Please answer my questions in detail.

thanks appreciated.

thanks
your friend.

Last edited by a moderator:
No i did not meet. Found her through matrimonial site shaadi.com recently.

thanks for helping me ...

Ram

Last edited by a moderator:
slow down tiger!

No i did not meet. Found her through matrimonial site shaadi.com recently.

thanks for helping me ...

Ram

apply for k-1 visa

or get married in India and make sure its a proper marriage.. and then apply for I130 and or k-3 visa.

I just realised you had posted this in Nov...so assuming you are already married...

Hai,

Dt:01/23/2010

I am also in similar situation and trying to find what to do to get K1 visa approved.

Following is my infomation:

I am US Citizen and widower(for 3 years) and having a kid. I am in touch with a lady in India. I got in touch with her through the matrimonial web site shaadi.com for the last 3 months. We are planning to marry. She is divorced for more than 5 years. She is working for a US company in India for 5-6 years. She came to us once about 1-2 years back. I did not meet her physically.

I am looking how to approach to get K1 visa/work permit/green card ..
I am in touch with her through emails/chat/phones/web cams etc.

As a safe side i am thinking about going to India once.

Please suggest.

Thx

csk

In order to be able to apply for the K1 visa, you MUST have physically met at least once within the past 2 years. So it is important that you do go to india to meet her, make sure you collect documentation/evidence of your meeting, and THEN you will have met the 'minimum' requirements to apply for the K1. You cant file the petition and then meet- you must have met first.

Here is the step by step guidelines about how to petition for the visa.
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?autocom=custom&page=k1guide

The very first thing you need to do is meet her in person.

I am looking how to approach to get K1 visa/work permit/green card ..
I am in touch with her through emails/chat/phones/web cams etc.

As a safe side i am thinking about going to India once.