US Citizen Children with Indian Passport Holder Mother

kamv

My husband acquired US citizenship and as a result both my daughters too are US citizens. I had green card, which I had to surrender as we relocated out of the US.
I want to legally separate from my husband and would like to know the legal rights I have to retain my daughters.My daughters are OCI card holders and both under the age of 10. Is there is any specific law which will protect us or help us in this situation?
I would greatly appreciate feedback.
Thank you.

You are talking about custody issues this visa/immigration forum may not offer appropriate guidance for. It's a subject that likely involves consulting a family lawyer in India.
Assuming you've relocated to India, family courts there should have jurisdiction on physical and legal custody issues. Seems complex. Is the girls' father not interested in an amicable settlement?

You are talking about custody issues this visa/immigration forum may not offer appropriate guidance for. It's a subject that likely involves consulting a family lawyer in India.
Assuming you've relocated to India, family courts there should have jurisdiction on physical and legal custody issues. Seems complex. Is the girls' father not interested in an amicable settlement?
Thank you very much for your reply. The lawyer is also of the opinion for amicable settlement. I am trying to gain knowledge from the legal aspect if the amicable settlement option fails. Is there any other forum/website you would recommend?
Thank you for your time.