US Citizen/Canadian New PR - Travel Document

tmgn

Registered Users (C)
Hi
I am a US Citizen, recently immigrated to Canada and have applied for my Canadian PR card,which I believe takes about 4-10 weeks.In the meanwhile I have come back to US to continue with my employment.
Now I need to go back to Canada to visit my family and dont want to wait until I get my Canadian PR card.What are my options?

i) Apply for a Canadian Travel document ? Dont know how long does this take . Also looks like I have to meet residency obligations set forth in cic.gc.ca. I clearly cant satisfy the 730 days presence!

ii) Visit Canada (on a touritst visa) using my US citizenship? I did this before I got my Canadian PR,but now is this possible?

Thanks for any pointers. I do have my 'Confimation of permanent residence' with me.

tm

Hi
i) Apply for a Canadian Travel document ? Dont know how long does this take . Also looks like I have to meet residency obligations set forth in cic.gc.ca. I clearly cant satisfy the 730 days presence!

-- You can apply for the cdn travel document if you plan to fly into Canada. But if you are willing to travel by road, the confirmation of PR is accepted at the cdn POE - please verify this. This way, you do not need to apply for the travel document.

ii) Visit Canada (on a touritst visa) using my US citizenship? I did this before I got my Canadian PR,but now is this possible?

-- Please DO NOT use your US citizenship to enter Canada - you are risking of losing your cdn PR status then - since your status will be visitor and not the PR of Canada using this option. ("last status while entering the country" doctrine)