US Citiz moving to diff country

Rajah

Registered Users (C)
Hi
I became US citiz few months ago. Due to some family situations, I may have to move back to India in 2-3 months and stay there for a few years. Will this have any effect on my USCitiz ( I will keep filing tax returns to IRS every year)?Is thre anything else I need to be aware of that may affect my US Citiz.
Thanks.

Hi
I became US citiz few months ago. Due to some family situations, I may have to move back to India in 2-3 months and stay there for a few years.
--------no problems.

Will this have any effect on my USCitiz ( I will keep filing tax returns to IRS every year)?
---------------Not a problem.
Is thre anything else I need to be aware of that may affect my US Citiz.
Thanks.

If you plan to stay in India then better get OCI.

Is thre anything else I need to be aware of that may affect my US Citiz.

Once you are a citizen, nothing will affect the citizenship ... unless there is a fraud or something. Residency will not affect it. Taxes will not affect it ... although you must pay and report in both countries (take appropriate credits where applicable).

As ginnu said, take OCI. Better take from US than from India. In US, better take from SFO than any other consulate (if you live in that area, that is).

Once you are a citizen, nothing will affect the citizenship ... unless there is a fraud or something. Residency will not affect it. Taxes will not affect it ... although you must pay and report in both countries (take appropriate credits where applicable).

As ginnu said, take OCI. Better take from US than from India. In US, better take from SFO than any other consulate (if you live in that area, that is).

Excuse my ignorance, but what is OCI?

Once you are a citizen, nothing will affect the citizenship ... unless there is a fraud or something.
Just to clarify, this is referring to having obtained the actual citizenship fraudulently. If you subsequent commit fraud, or indeed any other crime, after you're a US citizen then you'll just be treated by the courts in the same way as a natural-born citizen.

Hi
I became US citiz few months ago. Due to some family situations, I may have to move back to India in 2-3 months and stay there for a few years. Will this have any effect on my USCitiz ( I will keep filing tax returns to IRS every year)?Is thre anything else I need to be aware of that may affect my US Citiz.
Thanks.
The state Immigration Law sates that..UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD YOU STAY OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES FOR UP TO 2 YEARS ...so its left to you May God Help you so you dont loose your GC..

The state Immigration Law sates that..UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD YOU STAY OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES FOR UP TO 2 YEARS ...so its left to you May God Help you so you dont loose your GC..

He's a citizen - not a GC holder. Please read the thread next time.

Dont post wrong info.
"The state Immigration Law sates.." what is that state immigration law???

qhammall is someone from Nigeria who has no idea about US immigration laws. Let's ignore him.

As for working at India. Is there any Indian income tax difference in working there using PIO/OCI status Vs work visa?

Also, does anyone know if Indian PAN (Personal Account Number) remians the same, even after giving up Indian citizenship.

qhammall is someone from Nigeria who has no idea about US immigration laws. Let's ignore him.

As for working at India. Is there any Indian income tax difference in working there using PIO/OCI status Vs work visa?
---------Contact CA in India or CPA in US
Also, does anyone know if Indian PAN (Personal Account Number) remians the same, even after giving up Indian citizenship.

PAN account number remains the same.

If you have valid Indian driving license then it remains valid and one need to renew according to expiry date.
if you have NRE account with bank then send them copy of US passport Or copy of OCI first page or PIO page.

Last edited by a moderator: