Urgent

ukharit

Registered Users (C)
HI,

First of all thanks to everybody who has helped me in getting favorable recommendation from DOS based on no objection.

Now after getting this recommendation about 2 month back, I have not received anything from USCIS. I called them and even visited local office and they have checked their system but nothing comes up with my name or date of birth. They infact are saying that I need to file I-612 with USCIS in order to get the waiver. Is it true????

The letter which DOS has issued has written Atn: I-601/I-212 Waivers. Local office is saying that is is related with deportation???????

Please clarify if somebosy has had similar situation.

UKH

Hi, you should have gotten your waiver by now. Also, I have a question before I could answer further. Have you applied basing on no objection from home govt or in any other category (hardship etc.)? Also, My DOS letter says just 212(e) waiver. and no I-601 or I-212 is mentioned. Thanks

Thanks Chinna4,
Yes, I have applied based on no objection from three Indian authorities (I'm Indian Citizen). Received all three NORI's and based on that DOS has granted favorable recommendation on January 11. DOS letter has been addressed to

Mr. Paul Pierre, Acting Service Center Director
Nebraska Service Center
DHS/USCIS
Attn: I-601/I-212
Subject: 212(e) Waiver Recommendation based on a(n) No Objection Statement

----- Now USCIS does not have any record in there system. The guy on the phone as well as lady in the local office are saying that I-601/I-212 category is for hardship/deportation. Although it is mentioned in subject of the letter that the waiver is based on no recommendation, but they understand that part.

Can you please share with me the first 5-6 line of your waiver letter?

Also as per my understanding we just file application to DOS and not anything to USCIS (like I-612 etc...). After favorable recommendation DOS directly send there letter to USCIS and than eventually they have final say. I just want to confirm that we don't apply any form to USCIS, which customer service guy is suggesting me. Right??