URGENT: Travel to Canada when passport has only 1 month validity

manishvora_99

Registered Users (C)
Gurus:

My wife is a US green Card holder and is based out of NY. Her 10 year Indian passport (issued from Mumbai in Aug 1999) expires in mid Aug 2009. She has to travel to Canada later this week (July 9th) and will return back to NY by July 26th. I have two questions:-

1. Can she travel to Canada with a passport that has only one month validity or is it required that the passport should be valid for 6 months? Pl note, she does not require a visa for visiting Canada as she is a US Green Card holder.

2. Is it possible to extend the validity of the 10 year Indian passport by 1 year?

Please reply urgently.
Thank you,
Manish

Gurus:

My wife is a US green Card holder and is based out of NY. Her 10 year Indian passport (issued from Mumbai in Aug 1999) expires in mid Aug 2009. She has to travel to Canada later this week (July 9th) and will return back to NY by July 26th. I have two questions:-

1. Can she travel to Canada with a passport that has only one month validity or is it required that the passport should be valid for 6 months? Pl note, she does not require a visa for visiting Canada as she is a US Green Card holder.

2. Is it possible to extend the validity of the 10 year Indian passport by 1 year?

Please reply urgently.
Thank you,
Manish

For travel to Canada, a valid green card and a valid passport are the only requirement. Your wife's passport (if it is valid on the day she enters Canada) should be OK.

It is not possible to extend validity of a 10 year Indian passport; one has to apply for a fresh passport. It takes about a week to 2 weeks to get it.