Urgent travel for work needed with no valid Travel Doc currently

ASSYLEE

Registered Users (C)
All,

I need an opinion on what to do. I got my GC a little while ago and never had any intentions of renewing my National passport. I just found out today I need to leave in less than two weeks for a business trip to China and it is absolutely crucial that I go. My RTD has expired and it's going to take a good two weeks for me to even get my RTD even if I do apply for it today and expedite it. Is it worth renewing my NP if I have a good reason to do so?

What is the fastest anyone has ever gotten their RTD? I have not gotten my "free" RTD that I would get when I apply for a Green Card.

It took me about 6 weeks to get my RTD counting the wait for the biometrics appointment. Once they got done it was 2 weeks to get it...

All,

I need an opinion on what to do. I got my GC a little while ago and never had any intentions of renewing my National passport. I just found out today I need to leave in less than two weeks for a business trip to China and it is absolutely crucial that I go. My RTD has expired and it's going to take a good two weeks for me to even get my RTD even if I do apply for it today and expedite it. Is it worth renewing my NP if I have a good reason to do so?

What is the fastest anyone has ever gotten their RTD? I have not gotten my "free" RTD that I would get when I apply for a Green Card.

It is my experience that renewing NP does not cause issues during citizenship interview. If I were you I would get NP.

You can apply for RTD and leave the country after biometrics. you can mention where you want your RTD to be sent.
Leaving before biometrics is not a good idea.

It is my experience that renewing NP does not cause issues during citizenship interview. If I were you I would get NP.

Thank you copper!! I'm going to renew it. I have a legitimate reason for renewing and not going to my COP.