urgent! transfer job and salary issue!

sentil

Registered Users (C)
Hi all guys,

In Feb. I was laid off by my sponsering company, fortunately I got an offer from another company, but the salary is lower 10k. At that time, I posted a message on this board and asked the salary questions, some friends replied that salary does not matter. However, yesterday I attended an immigration seminar, the layer said the salary in new company must not be lower than the one in Labor certificate. This upset me very much. Another annoy thing is one company that rejected me before last week was ready to grant me an offer and the salary matched my previous salary in LC.
Now I dont know how to do. I just start work in new company for a few weeks, it is hard to say goodbye to it, on the other hand, if salary is one of the key factor for GC, I must choose the one that gives me higher salary. So I please guys have similar situation or have some information about this issue can give me advice and suggestion. Thanks, thanks!!

To my knowledge, no minimum salary is mentioned in the LCA directly

I guess u have to specify ur current salary at the time of filing ur LCA. But that is not the one u have to be paid necessarily throughout. This is totally different from the minimum salary. On ur LCA approval, the officer would have stamped the job category under which ur application is approved. So look up for that job category\'s minimum salary which will be the one u are referring about. i guess u don\'t need to worry about the salary and that 10k less is really nothing to be bothered about. that\'s my opinion.

But on my LCA, I had my salary be 75k, now that layer thinks the

salary in new company should be no less than this figure. Is that true? Actually on LCA, my salary was 75K, when I filed I485, my salary is 80k, I guess I485 file would show 80K. Now my new company gives me 65K, but another company is ready to give me 80K. I would feel very very sorry I have to leave my current company, I am sure they will be very angry for my leave if I really do so. Please give me your advice, do I have to leave? Is it worthy to take risky in staying in my current company? Thanks a millions!

One more question...

does someone know the current minimum salary requirement for software engineer in San Jose area? Is 65K ok?