URGENT - Spouse last name changed during naturalization and OCI processing issue.

CaliGC

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

Spouse changed her last name changed during US Citizenship naturalization and applied for OCI. Application is on hold for...

"Name Change Document - Missing
Please provide an official document detailing your change of name. Acceptable documents include a court order, a stamp on the back of Naturalization Certificate indicating the change, a copy of marriage certificate and a US and Indian newspaper advertisement of the name change."

However there is NO stamp on the back of US citizenship certificate or we did not go through the court order... They are forcing us to do a newspaper advertizement for name change in Local and Indian news paper.... or return the application with a penalty.

Any suggestions please?

Folks,

Just wanted to update the resolution for my Spouse's name change documents... Visited USCIS office with an Infopass appointment and explained the situation. The kind officer issued a form G-24 with both names (birth name + naturalized name) included and made a copy of the US Citizenship certificate and put a impression seal on both of them together authenticating the docs.

G24 Form + Marriage Certificate were accepted as Name change proof for OCI.

Hope this helps!

hello
I am in the process of applying OCI and realised we have the same issue "missing middle name" in citizenship certificate.
What is G24 form. I looked on USICS web site, googled "G-24" but did'nt find any forms.

Can you provide a link?

Thanks for your help

I had the same issue and had my wife go to USCIS since they don't talk on the phones anymore (Welcome to the 21st century :mad:). They told her to go to the federal court that processed the name change as part of the citizenship process (gave her the address and everything) and once she went there, it took her a few minutes and she had the paperwork in hand.