Urgent: RFE on 485, please advise

I too didn't receive the 2nd RFE (though i was notified by a fax but waiting for original RFE with orange/gold sheet), it was actually mailed on 9/14, today is 9/26, 10 postal working days allowed, old attorney didn't receive it, no clue why it's taking this long to reach me.

i did send a fax yesterday evening to officer who issued RFE on my case, asked him/her to know where the RFE was sent to?, asked that officer whether it is ok to submit the response with out gold/orange sheet, requested him/her to call me or fax the info i was waiting on.

THEN..this morning i got a surprise call from TSC officer (lady), she told me that she needs EVL, paystubs and W2s of 2006. She told that TSC is trying to see if I am still employed with original employer or moved to different employer. She recommended me to FAX the response to RFE, she claimed that FAX is much faster for them to take decision on my case.

I suggest respond to RFEs using this fax: 214-962-5428. THIS IS JUST FOR RFE's ONLY.

I am still working with new attorney (since i changed my employer) on EVL template (others: paystubs and W2s are quickest docs any one can reply), once I get all info today from attorney, i will review and get EVL from new employer.

Keep u posted..waiting for october month for approval :cool::cool::cool:

Thanks,
sree2005
Sree,
where are you faxing things that you are getting so fast result.
I have done so much but no sign of knowing the RFE yet...Please tell me the fax number u used.

thanks,
gckajadoo

Sree,
where are you faxing things that you are getting so fast result.
I have done so much but no sign of knowing the RFE yet...Please tell me the fax number u used.

thanks,
gckajadoo

gckajadoo,
Please check my earlier posting...it has fax number. That number is just for corresponding to RFEs only. It has very clearly mentioned on the fax cover sheet that I got it from TSC.

Good luck.

Thanks,
Sree2005

I-485 RFE on Medical, Current employment letter, Maintenance of your nonimmigrant sta

Hi

I applied I485 in December 2004 with a conpany A and Recently I moved to a company B in May 2007 . Now i got a RFE on my I-485 and my wifes I485 as follows .

" 1 . Submit evidence of maintenance of your nonimmigrant status beginning with your original entry as listed on your form I-485 and ending on the date of filing for adjustment on December 8, 2004(this is needed for both of the above listed applicants). This may include the following
Photocopy of the form I-797 Approval Noties for all extensions and changes of status
Photocopy of form I-20 or IAP 66 school records(front and back , including all school annotations)
Photocopy (front and back ) of the applicants form I-94 Arrival/Departure record
2. You are required to complete a medical examination in conjuction with this application . Please submitI-693 medical examination/Supplemnt(Immunization Document) report Obtained from an authorozed medical doctors.

3. Please submit a current employment letter from your petitioning employer outlining your specific job responsibilitiesin detail, salary and prospect of future employment. THis letter much be signed, dated, and on company letterhead ".

I got the medicals done and they are ready . I need your advice for 1 and 3 .

Please give your Suggessions. Its been 10 days since they sent this and i got it couple of days ago .

-----------------------------
PD April 2004
I485 Dec 2004
RFE On I485 Sep 17th 2007
I got 3 EADs and 3 APs

Last edited by a moderator:
I suggest: go thru an attorney

Hi

I applied I485 in December 2004 with a conpany A and Recently I moved to a company B in May 2007 . Now i got a RFE on my I-485 and my wifes I485 as follows .

" 1 . Submit evidence of maintenance of your nonimmigrant status beginning with your original entry as listed on your form I-485 and ending on the date of filing for adjustment on December 8, 2004(this is needed for both of the above listed applicants). This may include the following
Photocopy of the form I-797 Approval Noties for all extensions and changes of status
Photocopy of form I-20 or IAP 66 school records(front and back , including all school annotations)
Photocopy (front and back ) of the applicants form I-94 Arrival/Departure record
2. You are required to complete a medical examination in conjuction with this application . Please submitI-693 medical examination/Supplemnt(Immunization Document) report Obtained from an authorozed medical doctors.

3. Please submit a current employment letter from your petitioning employer outlining your specific job responsibilitiesin detail, salary and prospect of future employment. THis letter much be signed, dated, and on company letterhead ".

I got the medicals done and they are ready . I need your advice for 1 and 3 .

Please give your Suggessions. Its been 10 days since they sent this and i got it couple of days ago .

-----------------------------
PD April 2004
I485 Dec 2004
RFE On I485 Sep 17th 2007
I got 3 EADs and 3 APs

msraokvt,
I recommend you take help from attorney. It will be always better to use attorney services. Won't cost much. I paid $600 for my attorney.

Pls note that your attorney can fax (TSC) the response to RFE. Faxes are being accepted and you will see LUD next day. There is a decicated fax for just RFEs.

Good luck my friend.

Thanks,
sree2005

msraokvt,
I recommend you take help from attorney. It will be always better to use attorney services. Won't cost much. I paid $600 for my attorney.

Pls note that your attorney can fax (TSC) the response to RFE. Faxes are being accepted and you will see LUD next day. There is a decicated fax for just RFEs.

Good luck my friend.

Thanks,
sree2005

Can you please send me the EVL format if you have one

2nd RFE updates

Today, finally all my documents reached at attorney's office. I am hoping that attorney will reply to TSC soon. My RFE deadline is 10/13/07.

thanks,
sree2005

some good news

Today, finally all my documents reached at attorney's office. I am hoping that attorney will reply to TSC soon. My RFE deadline is 10/13/07.

thanks,
sree2005

My attorney has faxed the response to TSC, i got 3 emails at the same time and msg is:

======================================
Receipt Number: EAC0519xxxxxxxxxx

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Response to request for evidence received, and case processing has resumed.

On October 2, 2007, we received your response to our request for evidence. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. You should expect to receive a written decision or written update within 60 days of the date we received your response unless fingerprint processing or an interview are standard parts of case processing and have not yet been completed, in which case you can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. This case is at our TEXAS SERVICE CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.
===============

Wish me good luck. Hope that I am close to target unless TSC issues 3rd RFE :D:D:D

Good luck to all friends who are waiting.

My attorney has faxed the response to TSC, i got 3 emails at the same time and msg is:
Wish me good luck. Hope that I am close to target unless TSC issues 3rd RFE :D:D:D

Good luck to all friends who are waiting.

Sure man! All our wishes for you... Good luck.. I wish you should get approved before Oct 15th.

GOOD NEWS from sree2005

Finally good news. Our GCs approved today. Please go thru my case details in signature.

NC hell took almost 90% of my wait time. Almost 26 months stuck in NC clearance process.

============

Receipt Number: EAC0519xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident.

On October 3, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before you get your new card call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

==========

To reply to my 2nd RFE, i approached attorney (paid $600) and I feel it would be waste in my case, he didn't do anything except preparing cover letter which anyway I knew it. The reason for getting attorney into picture is I wanted to play a safe game with sub labor of 8.5 yrs old PD.

My total GC jouney (with sub. labor) took 30 months out of which 26 months stuck in NC. Otherwise I could have got GC last yr itself (PD: march 1999).

Please be patient and one day will be yours, believe me one day will come for everyone to make you happier.

Good luck to all our friends waiting for GCs. THANK YOU ALL WHO HELPED ME IN THIS FORUM, YOUR SUGGESTIONS, GUIDANCE, SHARING YOUR/OUR FEELING TIME TO TIME, DIRECTING IN RIGHT WAY etc. are tremondous.

Big thanks to Rajiv Khanna for hosting this forum website. Hats-off !!!

Regards,
Sree2005

sree2005,

Let me be the first one to congragulate you!!! you deserve it buddy.Enjoy the freedom

EB3 INDIA - PD June 2001
I-485 RD (Self)- Oct 2002 AD - ????
I-485 RD (Spouse) - Jun 30 2007
FP1 - JAN 2006(Self)
FP2 - SEP 25 2007(self)
FP1 - 09/05/2007 (Spouse)
FP,Namecheck clear(Self)
Recent LUD's - 08/26,09/25,09/26.(Self)
recent LUD's - 09/05,09/06 (Spouse)

Has anyone got 2 RFE's within a span of 4 months? My wife received her second RFE email today. Earlier in July'2007 she got her first RFE to which we responded.

sending many EVL samples

Sree2005

Congrats !!!! could you please send me the EVL letter please

– Sample I
(To be Printed on Company Letterhead)

Date:

U.S. Department of Homeland Security
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
Vermont Service Center
75 Lower Welden St.
Saint Albans, Vermont 05479

Dear Sir or Madam::

This letter is to verify that Mr. X is employed with our company since <date> as <designation> in <department>.
Mr.X’s job duties include: (job duties should be consistent with those on Labor Certification).
Mr. X is currently compensated with a salary of $<dollars>. Although his/her employment at our company is at will, his/her position is a permanent position.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the undersigned.

Very truly yours,
<signed>

Sample Employment Verification Letter)

Date

To U.S. Immigration & Naturalization Service:

This letter is to verify that Mr. / Ms. __________________ (SSN: ____________) has been employed by our company since November 1999 as Software Engineer. Mr. / Ms. ____’s job duties include: (job duties should be consistent with those on Labor Certification). Mr. / Ms. ____ is compensated with an annual salary of $____________. Although his or her employment at our company is at will, his or her position is a permanent position.

We have continued interest in employing Mr. / Ms. ______________ because of his or her excellent performance.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the undersigned.

Very truly yours,

President / HR Manager

here are 2 AC21 Sample letters that were used , one can correct to ones needs, I posted becase many post for the AC21 sample letters
----
This has to be from New employer on company letterhead
Date

Dear Sir or Madam:

This is to certify that Mr. xxxxxx is a regular full time permanent employee at our company name .

Mr. xxx has been with us since xxxx. Since xxxx (EAD start date), he is in the position of xxxx (title mentioned in LC) with annual salary of xxxxx (salary mentioned in LC) . His job duties include xxxxxxxxxxxxx(included the job duties mentioned in LC).. Mr. xxxxx is a valued member of our staff.

We respectfully request you to grant him approval of the I - 485 Application/Immigrant Visa in order for him and his family to obtain their permanent residency status soon. Thank you for your help.

Sincerely,
President/ Director/Vice President
Signature
Name

xxxxxxxxxxx
----
SAMPLE 2

Sample AC21 letter submited by worker that he/she has changed the Intent and would like to use AC21

Bureau of Citizenship and
Immigration Services
Vermont Service Center
75 Lower Welden Street
St. Albans, VT 05479-0001

RE: I-485/ Additional Documentation Submission
Applicant:
Case#: EAC-02
Alien#:

Dear Sir or Madam:

This letter is in regards to the I-485 application for
adjustment of status filed on my behalf.

On January DD, 2002, my I-485 application was filed
based on an approved I-140 by my former employer, ABC,
Inc. In Aug/Sept 2002, I began lawful employment with
XYZ Inc, pursuant to the Employment Authorization
Document (EAD) issued on my behalf in conjunction with
my I-485 application. I am currently employed in the
same field as my previous employer, ABC Inc., and in a
similar position.

The American Competitiveness in the Twenty-First
Century Act of 2000 (AC21) allows for a change of
employer on any I-485 Adjustment of Status Application
that has been pending for 180 days or more, without
the need to file a new I-140 petition. (Attached for
your reference are relevant portions of AC21.) In
Aug/Sept 2002, pursuant to these guidelines, I changed
employers from ABC Inc. to XYZ Inc, as my I-485 had
been pending beyond the 180-day period required by
law.

In light of the above, I maintain that I have lawfully
changed employers pursuant to the AC21 statute, and
that my I-485 application remains valid. I
respectfully request that your office should
adjudicate my I-485 accordingly under AC21 provisions.
Should you have any further questions, please do not
hesitate to contact me.

Name, Address, Sign
Also attach New Employer letter:
-------------------------------

SAMPLE from Employer
------------

This Letter should be from New Employer with above Intent change letter
(Sample Employment Verification Letter)

Date

To U.S. Immigration & Naturalization Service:

This letter is to verify that Mr. / Ms.
__________________ (SSN: ____________) has been
employed by our company since November 1999 as
Software Engineer. Mr. / Ms. ____’s job duties
include: (job duties should be consistent with those
on Labor Certification). Mr. / Ms. ____ is compensated
with an annual salary of $____________. Although his
or her employment at our company is at will, his or
her position is a permanent position.

We have continued interest in employing Mr. / Ms.
______________ because of his or her excellent
performance.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to
contact the undersigned.

Very truly yours,

Operations Director

TO BE TYPED ON COMPANY's LETTERHEAD

Date

U.S. Department of Justice
Immigration & Naturalization Service
Vermont Service Center
75 Lower Welden Street
St. Albans , VT 05479-0001

Re: (Name of Applicant)

Dear Sir or Madam:

We submit this letter to support the application of (Name of Applicant) for adjustment of status to lawful permanent resident and to confirm that he has been in our employ pursuant to an H-1B visa since (Date of Hire) and we are still interested in his continued employment as a (Designation).

(Name of Applicant) will continue to be responsible for the following:

(Job desription as submitted during Labor filing )

It should be noted that this is a full-time, permanent position and the salary is in the amount of ($) per year.

Therefore, we would appreciate your granting approval of adjustment of status application on behalf of (Name of Applicant)along with his/her family member, so that he/she can continue to perform services for our organization.

Yours truly,

Name
Title

Date, 2003

Vermont Service Center

Re: EAC----(receipt number), A---- (alien number)

To Whom It May Concern:

This employment clarification letter has been issued in support of X’s application for adjustment to permanent resident status. Dr. X was hired by the College of X at Y Local University on X, 2002 to teach in the Department of X and provide leadership in the areas of X and Y. We have conducted a national search and selected him from a pool of 180 applicants, most of them with doctorates in the field and extensive teaching experience at college level.

Dr. X has been employed full-time at the rank of Associate Professor, on a tenure-track contract with an initial duration of three years. Presently, Dr. X has met or exceeded the requirements needed for the continuation of his employment, and during the September 2003 – June 2004 academic year he has been assigned a full-time teaching load of courses. Our college is committed to retaining all tenure-track professors and is providing assistance in the process of promotion and tenure. A faculty committee will review his appointment periodically until a decision for permanent tenure will be made at the end of the 2004-2005 academic year. Currently, his annual wages are $xx,xxx.

His job title is Associate Professor tenure-track, and the duties of his position involve teaching courses in the areas of X, and other similar subjects pertaining to the Master of X and Doctor of Y degree programs.

The requirements of this position include a doctorate in the field of X, extensive college teaching experience, an active research career in field of X, and excellent organization and communication skills. Prof. X has been awarded a Doctor of Y by the University of X, and has been previously employed by X College at the same rank of Associate Professor in their Department of X. His previous appointment with X College, which ended in October 2002, was also at the tenure-track level, and involved teaching courses in X and Y as well.

The President’s Office in the College of X is the appropriate authority within the university responsible for hiring and retaining Dr. X. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you require further information.

Sincerely,

Signed X, President

(The case was approved after this employment letter. Use BOLD for the exact words that will have to match the RFE, such as wages, job duties, etc).

------------------------------------------------------------
EVL
------------------------------------------------------------

Date

US Citizenship and Immigration Services
XXYYZZ Service Center
P.O. Box 82521
Lincoln Nebraska 68501-82521

Dear Sir or Madam:

This letter is to confirm that <ur name> is employed with us as a <ur title - same/similar to one in LC> (Code: <from LC>) on a full time, permanent basis since <start date - after 180 days of 485 RD>. <New Employer Name> is an XXYYZZ firm, providing AABBCC solutions and services. <couple of lines about their business/revenues>

In his capacity as a <ur title>, <ur name> receives an annual base salary of <ur salary - hopefully similar to offered wage in LC>. In addition, he is eligible for paid vacation, health and retirement benefits, and applicable monthly and/or periodic bonuses.

His duties include: <similar job description from LC>

His work location may range all over the US, depending upon our client locations. <New employer's> geographic areas include, but are not limited to AABBCC. (this para is optional)

Please feel free to contact us if your office requires any further information.

Sincerely,

XYZ

==================