Urgent: RFE on 485, please advise

sree2005

Registered Users (C)
Dear Friends,

I got the e-fax from TSC on 9/14/07 and online case msg also changed on 9/14.

My situation is:
1. Joined company A on April '05 and resigned company A on Nov '06. MY GC started with this company A, offered a sub. labor, 140 approved in Nov 2005, filed 485 in june 05.
2. Joined company B in Nov '06 as a full time employee. There is no gap b/w two employments. Since then I have been with company B.

After changing the employment, I didn't inform USCIS at all.

**************Here are the RFE details***************
Please submit a current employment letter. This letter should be on company letterhead and should attest to your job-offer or continued employment. This letter should also state your level of compensation. You may wish to include corroborating evidence such as recent paystubs, income tax returns with all W-2s, or other evidence as appropriate.

You must sumit the requested information within 30 days from the date of this letter. Failure to do so may result in the denial of your application.

- Is this an easy RFE to respond back? What are the precautions that I need to take care in employment letter?
- Do I need attorney help to respond this type of RFE? Just wondering what most people do.
- Do I need to submit AC21 along with RFE repsonse? Is AC21 a mandatory to file after changing employment?
- Any other precautions? Please let me know.

Kindly reply to my questions and your valuable suggestions. Many many thanks in advance.

Regards,
sree2005

Dear Friends,

My situation is:
1. Joined company A on April '05 and resigned company A on Nov '06. MY GC started with this company A, offered a sub. labor, 140 approved in Nov 2005, filed 485 in june 05.
2. Joined company B in Nov '06 as a full time employee. There is no gap b/w two employments. Since then I have been with company B.

Please submit a current employment letter. This letter should be on company letterhead and should attest to your job-offer or continued employment. This letter should also state your level of compensation. You may wish to include corroborating evidence such as recent paystubs, income tax returns with all W-2s, or other evidence as appropriate.

You must sumit the requested information within 30 days from the date of this letter. Failure to do so may result in the denial of your application.

- Is this an easy RFE to respond back? What are the precautions that I need to take care in employment letter?
- Do I need attorney help to respond this type of RFE? Just wondering what most people do.
- Do I need to submit AC21 along with RFE repsonse? Is AC21 a mandatory to file after changing employment?

Kindly reply to my questions and your valuable suggestions. Many many thanks in advance.

Regards,
sree2005

You need to send EVL with same or similar duties matching first company LC requirements. Also include latest paystubs, last year w2.

I think you might mention in the letter "according to AC21" I have changed my employer.

Its safe to use attorney and they might not charge more than $750.

All the best.

Dear Friends,

My situation is:

Regards,
sree2005

Hi sree2005,
Please forgive me asking questions, but I am curious what do you mean by getting an "efax" from TSC? did u ask them to send you the RFE via efax??
Because they sent me an RFE which got undelivered due to whatever reasons..and I called them to re-send it to me ..but till now its around 2 months I havn't received it yet. So was wondering if there is anyway I can get it via efax.

Thanks,
gckajadoo.

Hi sree2005,
Please forgive me asking questions, but I am curious what do you mean by getting an "efax" from TSC? did u ask them to send you the RFE via efax??
Because they sent me an RFE which got undelivered due to whatever reasons..and I called them to re-send it to me ..but till now its around 2 months I havn't received it yet. So was wondering if there is anyway I can get it via efax.

Thanks,
gckajadoo.

gckajadoo,

Here is brief history: actually I faxed to TSC 10 days back asking them to expedite my approval since my application has met all requirements. In the fax that I sent to TSC I have just given my friend's company fax number as contact fax#, TSC officer reviewed my fax and raised an RFE, faxed the RFE back to my friend's fax which is eFax (generates pdf doc automatically). I am yet to receive the orginal copies and I have given heads up to my previous company attorney, waiting to it, hopefully will come by this friday or early next week.

bug them, also remember that within 30 days you have to reply RFE otherwise it leads to denial.

good luck.

Hi sree2005,

Thanks,
gckajadoo.

Same here, RFE undelieverable and its more than a month after requesting it to re-send to new address, still no sign. Is there a way to get e-Fax or RFE by email?

On your question, yes, its a simple RFE to respond. Provide exactly whats asked in RFE, nothing more, nothing less. Job duties matching orginal labor is most important, matching salary would help, but if not 'don't worry', just submit what you have. And have a immi attorney prepare the response, these would be dollar well spent.

Good luck.

can I respond to RFE myself?

Dear Friends,

My situation is:

Regards,
sree2005

Is it ok to respond to RFE myself without attorney? I am trying for good attorney but not getting proper responses from them.

can some give me good covering letter in case I need to respond? I did prepare the EVL myself after searching thru this forum. Please give me sample covering letter.

Any format/template available for EVL ?

Sree_2005,

I am in a similar situation.
Do you know if any format/template available for EVL ?

Thanks in advance!

sample letter sent to u and LaborBadhi

Sree_2005,

I am in a similar situation.
Do you know if any format/template available for EVL ?

Thanks in advance!

LaborBadhi and I-485-veteran,

Please check your private messages...I sent few EVL samples.

Thanks,
sree2005

I am using attorney to represent this RFE

Just to let u know, I am using attorney to represent this RFE. $600 flat charge, just sent a check to him few minutes back.

HI

Count me in

PD: July'2002
EB3-India
485 RD: 10/2003
FP code 1 Aril 2006
VSC->TSC 03/02/07
Employment Itended to deny: 08/09/07
Employment Itended to deny Acknowledged 09/12/07
LUD: 9/13/07
---------------
AD : God only knows

Hi Sree 2005

Your signature indicates that you got a medical RFE in july and u sent it back in August. Do u remember by any chance the address you have sent this RFE to in USCIS. i have the same RFE and when i send the medicals to them it says undeliverable address......Thanx for your input...

------------------------------

PD Jan 2002 - Sub labor (EB3)I-485 - RD - Jan, 2005
FP1 - May, 2005
FP2 - May 09, 2007
On 3rd EAD and AP
Case Xferd to TSC on March 07, 2007.
I-485 LUDs - 3/24, 8/28, 9/10 (no msg change)

Hi Sree 2005

Your signature indicates that you got a medical RFE in july and u sent it back in August. Do u remember by any chance the address you have sent this RFE to in USCIS. i have the same RFE and when i send the medicals to them it says undeliverable address......Thanx for your input...

------------------------------

PD Jan 2002 - Sub labor (EB3)I-485 - RD - Jan, 2005
FP1 - May, 2005
FP2 - May 09, 2007
On 3rd EAD and AP
Case Xferd to TSC on March 07, 2007.
I-485 LUDs - 3/24, 8/28, 9/10 (no msg change)

zaichic,
I mailed the response to medical RFE to the address on the gold sheet which is same as address on right corner of RFE sheet first page. Also u can search for it in uscis site under RFE replies section. All RFEs got to same address.

Thanks,
Sree2005

gckajadoo,

Here is brief history: actually I faxed to TSC 10 days back asking them to expedite my approval since my application has met all requirements. In the fax that I sent to TSC I have just given my friend's company fax number as contact fax#, TSC officer reviewed my fax and raised an RFE, faxed the RFE back to my friend's fax which is eFax (generates pdf doc automatically). I am yet to receive the orginal copies and I have given heads up to my previous company attorney, waiting to it, hopefully will come by this friday or early next week.

bug them, also remember that within 30 days you have to reply RFE otherwise it leads to denial.

good luck.
Hi sree2005,
Can you tell me or PM me what is the FAX no of TSC. I still have not received the RFE and I am very tense now.

Thanks,
gckajadoo

I am tensed up too

Hi sree2005,
Can you tell me or PM me what is the FAX no of TSC. I still have not received the RFE and I am very tense now.

Thanks,
gckajadoo

I too didn't receive the 2nd RFE (though i was notified by a fax but waiting for original RFE with gold sheet), it was actually mailed on 9/14, today is 9/24, no clue why it's taking this long to reach me.

What to do now? What are ur options? When was ur RFE mailied to u? Did u know when is ur dealine?

I have short dealine, need to send in 30 days, otherwise 485 will be denied, that will be hell to answer the reasons to TSC.

Please suggest ur thoughts. Any tips/hints are welcome.

for everyone..just sharing news

I too didn't receive the 2nd RFE (though i was notified by a fax but waiting for original RFE with orange/gold sheet), it was actually mailed on 9/14, today is 9/26, 10 postal working days allowed, old attorney didn't receive it, no clue why it's taking this long to reach me.

i did send a fax yesterday evening to officer who issued RFE on my case, asked him/her to know where the RFE was sent to?, asked that officer whether it is ok to submit the response with out gold/orange sheet, requested him/her to call me or fax the info i was waiting on.

THEN..this morning i got a surprise call from TSC officer (lady), she told me that she needs EVL, paystubs and W2s of 2006. She told that TSC is trying to see if I am still employed with original employer or moved to different employer. She recommended me to FAX the response to RFE, she claimed that FAX is much faster for them to take decision on my case.

I suggest respond to RFEs using this fax: 214-962-5428. THIS IS JUST FOR RFE's ONLY.

I am still working with new attorney (since i changed my employer) on EVL template (others: paystubs and W2s are quickest docs any one can reply), once I get all info today from attorney, i will review and get EVL from new employer.

Keep u posted..waiting for october month for approval :cool::cool::cool:

Thanks,
sree2005