Urgent questions regarding OCI with DUI

dida5

Hi

I am an ex-indian citizen applying for OCI. I am ready to send out the application soon so any help would be appreciated

1) I was arrested for DUI. Pre-trial the charges were reduced to reckless driving to which I pleaded guilty and was sentenced to probation. How do I report this in part B criminal record question. Do I mention the arrest for DUI or just mention only reckless driving as that is the only thing I was convicted of

2) will a criminal record (DUI or reckless driving) affect my OCI application in terms of delaying it or rejection . Has anybody with DUI conviction successfully got OCI ?

3) Is it OK to send black and white copies of naturalization certificate or do I need to send color copies only

thanks

Hmm, I wouldn't really mention that. India has no access to US DUI records.

I don't want to think that way and hide anything. I have my immediate family in India and don't want anything to jeopardize things down the line with getting OCI revoked or getting debarred. There is no way to know what will happen in the future and I dont want to live with constant fear of being found out or something. I think it is better to be honest in these scenarios. Just my 2 cents

That's a valid fear. I completely understand. Hopefully India doesn't look too unfavourably upon applicants with DUIs. It'd be unfortunate if you were to be rejected and banned when you apply for OCI.

Does OCI have questions on DUI? If not, I agree, why bother complicating the OCI application..

That's a valid fear. I completely understand. Hopefully India doesn't look too unfavourably upon applicants with DUIs. It'd be unfortunate if you were to be rejected and banned when you apply for OCI.

I would not mention it, period. The Indian govt can barely get their act together with current bureaucratic processes and so there's no way they are going to retroactively review all OCI applications. Like cafeconleche said,they do not have access to US DUI records.