Urgent Questions After Citizenship

handxx

Registered Users (C)
Hi Folks,

I have some important questions and if you can give some advice in here , I really appreciate it. I will try to summarize everything as simple as possible. I am a US Citizen and my wife got her GC through our marriage. We moved to my native country last year and I got a new job in an American company.

My accountant in US informed me that I can obtain EIN ( Employer Identification Number) in order to file my taxes. He also told me that I will not pay any taxes since I am not working in America. I made some research on google and found that if the yearly salary is less than $95.000 . a citizen who lives abroad can be excluded to pay taxes. But, I am not really sure if this info from google is accurate or wrong. Any feedback ?

Second, I was asking regarding retirement to my accountant. I asked even if I live outside of America, can I retire from America and he said if my American company pays my medicare and social security , I can retire after retirement age. How it works or is it true ? Accountat told me to contact the companys headquaters in America and explain that I work for an overseas branch and he said they will take care of my medicare and social security since I am a dual citizen.

Third, my wife has a GC and we live overseas because of my job. I work for a private American company. This summer she will lift conditions on her GC . Now, she has a travel document.. Since I work for an American company, can she be eligible to stay overseas and count these days against for her citizenship ?

If I confuse anyone , sorry for that. I really appreciate any advice and replies.

Hi Folks,

I have some important questions and if you can give some advice in here , I really appreciate it. I will try to summarize everything as simple as possible. I am a US Citizen and my wife got her GC through our marriage. We moved to my native country last year and I got a new job in an American company.

My accountant in US informed me that I can obtain EIN ( Employer Identification Number) in order to file my taxes. He also told me that I will not pay any taxes since I am not working in America. I made some research on google and found that if the yearly salary is less than $95.000 . a citizen who lives abroad can be excluded to pay taxes. But, I am not really sure if this info from google is accurate or wrong. Any feedback ?

Second, I was asking regarding retirement to my accountant. I asked even if I live outside of America, can I retire from America and he said if my American company pays my medicare and social security , I can retire after retirement age. How it works or is it true ? Accountat told me to contact the companys headquaters in America and explain that I work for an overseas branch and he said they will take care of my medicare and social security since I am a dual citizen.

Third, my wife has a GC and we live overseas because of my job. I work for a private American company. This summer she will lift conditions on her GC . Now, she has a travel document.. Since I work for an American company, can she be eligible to stay overseas and count these days against for her citizenship ?

If I confuse anyone , sorry for that. I really appreciate any advice and replies.

I am a little bit confused about the EIN. I am self-employed and a co-founder of a start-up but I do not use an EIN. My start-up company has an EIN, but I use my SSN when filing my taxes. So I would suggest to double-check on that.

The accountant might be right about social security and medicare if your company contributes to it and you do as well when filing your taxes. As the accountant said, you need to contact your company's HR department about this.

Regarding your wife's situation, I have the feeling that you being there might not justify her stay out of the US but I might be wrong. I would check this with an immigration attorney.