Urgent Question

witty_humorous

Registered Users (C)
Guys:

Please read the following scenario. Posting it for a friend\'s case

I 485 applied, laid off after 7 months. Got EAD and AP, Fingerprinting done.
waiting for approval

Ques
(1) If RFE comes or interview comes, and as of yet you haven\'t found a job in your area of expertise, what happens in the interview and for that matter some RFE that asks for employment letter, what can you answer to the RFE.

(2) If RFE comes or interview comes; you have a job offer letter from 1 or more employers but you have not joined anywhere yet as you have another interview in the process which is your # 1 preference, what happens in answering RFE or interview. what are your options.

(3) Getting a job offer from a company in own area of expertise but as of yet he(employer) says no salary but will give stock options, He will check in 1 -2 months and then bring the friend on board with salary as well depending on how much money is avaiable. Will it constitute a good job offer letter for INS RFE (if it comes). What points in job offer letter should the friend make sure be there so that there are no problems in GC process.
Thanks in advance for your answers.

Quick answer

The way you put it, nothing bad has happened to your friend yet, let\'s hope this stays the same. As you may be aware, some people get approval without RFE.
(1) Out of job out of luck. Better not lie in RFE response.
(2) If you care for your AOS better take job, don\'t wait for best offer to come through. I think point (1) still applies.
(3) I think point (1) still applies. This looks like no job to me, no pay, no job.
(4) You seem to know quite some of the intricacies of cases like this for being your first post. Should we doubt the authenticity of your posting. What could be a good test of authenticity?

This is not legal advice. Talk to a lawyer. Read AC21 memo and relevant law. My non-legal advice would be not to try to doctor an RFE response too much, or you\'ll never have true peace (somebody could come along and reopen your file for an audit, unlikely as it may sound).

By the way, why is it so urgent if there is no RFE?

My 2 cents of non legal advice.

thanks

Thanks to both of you. I just read stuff over here on the board so did get a good knowledge.
 No RFE or anything. just being a cautious individual wants to know the the possible scenario\'s and right solutions.
My friends does not intend to give any false info if he gets an RFE, just hoping he gets a job in his area of expertise ASAP.

Thanks a lot.