Urgent Question regarding Spouse H1 -> EAD

rohit_bha

Registered Users (C)
Hi Friends,
I have an urgent question to be clarified. I am the primary applicant (EB3/RD:09/28/03 , I-140 approved) and my spouse is the dependent. She continued to work on H1-B till July end and now as the project ended, needs to move onto EAD (approved for both).But her dues are still pending from previous project which she will be paid by her Consulting Firm in the span of next 2-3 months only. Meanwhile as she has moved to new job on EAD, she shall start getting the salary from new company.
- Is this an issue that she might be getting 2 checks from different companies now ?
- We don't need to file any AOS 21 for her ? Do I need to tell my lawyers to update her status change from H1-> EAD ?
- Does her H1 stands cancelled now ?If yes, then how will the consulting company (with which she had H1) pay her (Even though it is for work done till July -end , when she was actually on H1) ?

Thanks for the help.

1. You can get as many checks- provided you work legally. When you get check is unimportant- checks later is OK. Also with EAD you can get check from anyone.

2. Lawyer does not update status- the employer does. Working with new employer on EAD- would automatically cancel H1 with old employer, the quitting of old job itself does it.

3. Secondary applicant- does not have to do anything with AC21.

HTH