urgent question regarding F1 visa interview, please help

f1student09

Registered Users (C)
Hi Folks
This is Priya. I have applied to universities for masters program in computer science for fall 2009. I have got admission from one of them. I need to go for the visa stamping in chennai.

This is an excellent forum and the folks here are helping many others in my situation very well. Thanks to all of you for posting your experiences and helping out, its really a wonderful thing you guys are doing.

I have done engineering in computer science and then mba and have worked for 2 years in india. Now i have applied for MS in computer science and got admission in a university.

1> During my visa interview, will my MBA have any negative effect on getting the visa? Since i want to do MS in computer science i applied for this program. Will they ask why i want to do MS after MBA? If so, how can i convince them that this is really what i want to do?

2> How will i convince them that i will come back to india after MS?

I have a question regarding preparation of financial documents and i request you guys to help me out. Here is what i am thinking, pls correct me:
These are the things we can show:

-In my parents bank account, we can show liquid cash for 40 lakhs.
-In my account (since i have been working as s/w engineer for 2 years in india), i can show 5 lakhs.

These amounts are deposited in the last week. So by the time i go to the interview, it will be 1 or 2 months old.

I am not taking a bank loan since we have cash to support the fees and living expenses.

1> By the time i go to the interview, the balance of 40 lakhs in the bank would be only from the past 1-2 months. Would that be fine?

2> Can you folks please let me know if anyone of you showed anything like this, and were successful in getting the student visa?

3> Is this sufficient amount? I-20 mentions 35K per year, so its 70k, which amounts to around 35-40 lakhs for 2 years.

4> Is taking bank loan a mandatory thing?

5> Can i go to the visa appointment with these?

6> If they ask for bank statment during the VISA interview, will these suddent transaction (around a month or two old) create a problem ?

7> How many months of bank statement should i take?

8> How many months/years of bank passbook entries should i take?

9> I heard that instead of transferring funds to my account we can get sponsorship letters by keeping the funds in sponsor's accounts. Can we really do this? If so, who can be the sponsors, other than parents? And how should the sponsorship letter look like? Any format?

10> If taking sponsor letter from people other than parents is fine, can i take that sponor letter from someone else, along with the 40 lakhs in my father's account? What are the documents and formalities we need to do to take sponsor letters from other than parents?

Appreciate your help and response.
Thanks
Priya

Good Luck

Priya
Hi Folks
This is Priya. I have applied to universities for masters program in computer science for fall 2009. I have got admission from one of them. I need to go for the visa stamping in chennai. !!!!!

This is an excellent forum and the folks here are helping many others in my situation very well. Thanks to all of you for posting your experiences and helping out, its really a wonderful thing you guys are doing.

I have done engineering in computer science and then mba and have worked for 2 years in india. Now i have applied for MS in computer science and got admission in a university.

1> During my visa interview, will my MBA have any negative effect on getting the visa? No , not at all Since i want to do MS in computer science i applied for this program. Will they ask why i want to do MS after MBA? If so, how can i convince them that this is really what i want to do? If you have any specialization or research on your mind just explore it.
2> How will i convince them that i will come back to india after MS?

Million $$ question. Just parents staying in India or some property alone not sufficient. However most of the girls still coming with F1, so be relax pray god.

In 1990 my student visa got rejected first time, appealed with Sr Counsel also got rejected @ Madras- That time I had a Job @ Gulf and full tution fees in my bank account (Washington University, St.Louis - MS International Project Mangement. 45K per year).
Sr Counsel asked me you have very good education, and job and cash, why do I want go for study in US? Finally I came here with an H1 1996. Just FYI. So good luck is also a factor in Madras

I have a question regarding preparation of financial documents and i request you guys to help me out. Here is what i am thinking, pls correct me:
These are the things we can show:

-In my parents bank account, we can show liquid cash for 40 lakhs.
-In my account (since i have been working as s/w engineer for 2 years in india), i can show 5 lakhs. (More than suffienct but sudden surge of bank balance is a red flag. If you have 6 months bank statement showing gradual increase is the best way of showing bank balance.

These amounts are deposited in the last week. So by the time i go to the interview, it will be 1 or 2 months old.

I am not taking a bank loan since we have cash to support the fees and living expenses.

1> By the time i go to the interview, the balance of 40 lakhs in the bank would be only from the past 1-2 months. Would that be fine?

2> Can you folks please let me know if anyone of you showed anything like this, and were successful in getting the student visa?

3> Is this sufficient amount? I-20 mentions 35K per year, so its 70k, which amounts to around 35-40 lakhs for 2 years.

4> Is taking bank loan a mandatory thing? Keep as a back up. No need to use it.
5> Can i go to the visa appointment with these? YES. Is ther any way you can go to Delhi to appy F1. Then you are rest assured F1.
6> If they ask for bank statment during the VISA interview, will these suddent transaction (around a month or two old) create a problem ? read above.
7> How many months of bank statement should i take? 6 months min but more years give more evidence of your finance anotomy
8> How many months/years of bank passbook entries should i take?

9> I heard that instead of transferring funds to my account we can get sponsorship letters by keeping the funds in sponsor's accounts. Can we really do this? If so, who can be the sponsors, other than parents? And how should the sponsorship letter look like? Any format?
Never ever get any sponser from US, your F1 may get denied.

10> If taking sponsor letter from people other than parents is fine, can i take that sponor letter from someone else, along with the 40 lakhs in my father's account? What are the documents and formalities we need to do to take sponsor letters from other than parents?

Appreciate your help and response.
Thanks
Priya

Thanks a lot Sir, for replying and helping me out.

Yes, i will keep whatever you said in mind.
I have one question though, i am from karnataka. Can i go to Delhi for F1 interview? When i use vfs, it ask for residence state and based on that it will ask me to goto chennai.

Even if i select delhi, and go to interview, will they send me back to chennai?

Please let me know.
Thanks
Priya

If you have relatives there use their address as your current residence address.

Thanks a lot Sir, for replying and helping me out.

Yes, i will keep whatever you said in mind.
I have one question though, i am from karnataka. Can i go to Delhi for F1 interview? When i use vfs, it ask for residence state and based on that it will ask me to goto chennai.

Even if i select delhi, and go to interview, will they send me back to chennai?

Please let me know.
Thanks
Priya

Am from karnataka, but can i go to delhi for F1 visa? Will that help, meaning will that be any easier in terms of getting rejected?

Yes.

This is not only my past exp, this is many's exp. In chennai mot of the F1 will gets rejected based onthier credential. Scrutiny will be much more than any other embassy in India.

Thank you. But will that be really helpful? Is going to delhi for F1 better than going to chennai?