Urgent - Please help

sree785

Registered Users (C)
Hi
Can I join the GC Sponsoring company as W2 employee(Hourly basis)? Does it effect my gc? I have to sign the offering letter today so please help me. my rd is 10/11/01
thanks in advance.
Sree.

Be careful, read the terms and conditions of the letter and consult a lawyer. I believe that GC sponsorship implies the terms 'Full time' and 'permanent'.
I am not sure how you can defend the argument of 'hourly salary vs annual salary' with the INS (if you happen to be interviewed later). Remember that your I-485 petition is based on the underlying approved LC and I-140.
And ... there is always a chance that your I-485 gets approved without RFE or interview. Consult your lawyer before signing the letter ...

thanks

thanks for your help.

My Employer gave me two options.
1. Stay as regular full-time employee with salary less than the salary mentioned in LC (nearly < 8k)
2. Work as hourly basis so that the salary will be same as LC.

But he will give me a letter as full-time employee.
So which one is the best?
Less Salary and fulltime
or
same salary but hourly basis.

sorry for bothering you.
thanks
Sri.

Last edited by a moderator:
It depends on what you want to take. If you're covered for medical benefits, etc. by your spouse's plan then you could afford to go hourly and get a FT letter. If not, then you might want to be a FT employee with lower salary.