Urgent, Please Help

sree785

Registered Users (C)
Hi
Actually, i changed my h1 in September 2001 and my old visa was expired in last September (the one from old company). And in October, my husband filed AOS(I485) at Vermont and we both got our EAD in January 2002. I totally forgot to send my passport
for stamping. I never informed my employer regarding my EAD. Today my friend told me that it will be a problem if i didn't go for stamping within an year from the last visa expiration date . Do i need to inform my current employer about my EAD? What is my status now? I am in totally confused state. Please help me.
thanks in advance
Srilu.:(

not required.

You have to stamp your passport only if you travel. Otherwise you would have received an I-94 with the H-1 from the new employer. That's all you need.

Your status is still H-1 if you do not use your EAD to get employment and so is your spouse's.

Nothing to worry

As long as you have valid H1 there is no need to worry about the VISA stamping. Visa required for entry only. After one year of expiry you can get it stamped before returning into the country(if you go outside). As long as you are in US you need valid H1 but VISA is not mandatory.:) :) :)