URGENT- PCC + H1B Validation- Jan 3rd Interview Date

Tiny

Registered Users (C)
I need all you guru\'s help. I have two issues in front of me...

1. I have my CP on Jan 3rd and as per the new rule I spoke to the Mumbai Consulate and you need a PCC from the Passport office in Mumbai and to get that it takes a minimum of 15 to 20 days, and it is the 20th of December today so well it is next to impossible to get the PCC. and in this dilemma I have to get my H1B revalidated and the Mumbai Consulate says drop it in the drop box which again take 10 days. I went to the Mumbai consulate information window twice and the damn window closed on our face promptly at 11:00am inspite of opening 5 to 10 mins late and waiting in the queue for 2.5 hrs .....

Also..

I called the Consulate and they told me that if u dont submit the PCC your case will be pending until you get ur PCC and u will not be able to travel since they will not stamp the immigrant visa. Please advise what I should do...

Q. Has anyone taken a PCC from the Mumbai Passport office and the local Police Station in the last month.
Does anyone know if there is a express line at the Passport office as we havent seen it or is there anyone who will help us getting a PCC earlier..
Thanks,
Tiny

Tiny: Have you lived in the US for the past several years?...

If so, you could get the PCC from the Indian Consulate in the US. If your passport was renewed (issued a fresh one) out here (in the US) you should get your PCC in a couple of days. If you\'re holding a passport that was issued in India the Indian Consulate here will take about 35-45 days. If you\'re already there you could arrange (maybe through some passport agent for some premium) for the PCC from there. About H-1 revalidation, if you have an approved I-129 (I-797 Approval Notice for H1-B) that is valid beyond your CP interview that should be good enough. You need not worry extending your multiple-entry H1 stamping in your passport. That\'s required only for entry into the US. But if you need to renew your H1-B petition (I-129) then you should get it done at the State Dept in St Louis, MO. Hope that helps.

Thanks

Am already in India and am desperately trying to look for someone who can help me with the PCC....