Urgent -- Medical Exam..

mohitsri

Hi All.

I know there are 3 vaccinations required TD, MMR and Varicella.

My Doctor there are 2 doses for Varicella...and I will have to take the second one 30 days after the first one.

My question is can I submit the form I-693 with one dose of Varicella only, or do i need to take both of them and then apply I-693.

Thanks

Talk to other doctor in your area, they are not needed if you have taken these in past
Or get a letter from India from any doctor with MD degree and he should write that these vaccinations like TD, MMR and Varicella were given to you on his/her letterhead and stamp. He can write the dates when you visited or were in the home country. By FedEx you can get in 5-8 days, show the doctor letter to the doctor in US

New

What if i have already taken TD, MMR and one shot of Varicella.

Now Doctor wants me to wait for the second shot till next 30 days.

Thanks

I am not sure what varicella is...I did my medical from CA. All the Dr gave me was MMR and TD since i could not get proof.

MMR and Varicella must be taken on the same day for Varicella vaccine to be effective. Otherwise you must wait for 30 days and take Varicella again. Also taking multiple doses of Varicells is harmless.
Your choices are:
1.wait for 30 days,
2. get a letter from Indian doctor .... as others mentioned earlier.
3. You can do blood test that can prove that you have got the vaccine in the past. If the blood test reports that you don't have the vaccine (and hence immune to Chicken-pox) then you must wait for 30 days. Ofcourse blood test is going to cost you $$$.

Good Luck.