urgent!, Job title different in labor than the actual

yash

Registered Users (C)
I am having designation of Software Engineer II.
I came to know today that the labor and I140 papers are having job title as Software Engineer only.
I filed the OS/DS I and II forms with the title Software Engineer II.
What should be the title in employment letter?
My CP interview is next month.
What am I supposed to do now?

No Title

Not legal advise:
If you filled OF230 part 1 or DS230 part 1 with this info, you made a mistake. If I140 and LC are same, bring employment verification letter with THAT title.
Bring to the interview OF/DS230 part 2 (and 1) with the LC,I140 and letter title.
Don\'t tell them about the mistake, but if they will ask say that it was and show copies and/or originals of I140/LC/employment letter and DS230 part 2 and 1 with same title.

Another scenario is that they will request title information or inquire about it before your interview. If they\'ll ask HR you may be rejected. Such rejection will occur only if the titles are not compatible (I don\'t know that they are) by DOL/INS regulations. In such case, they will tell you that you need new LC and/or I140.

Another approach is to proactively tell them of the mistake. This may cause them to inquire about this and contact HR. You can preempt that by sending them notarized employment verification letter with correct title from your superior or HR.

yash dont worry,u r fine.DOL is having broad classifcation and lot of our

company titles will fall under the same catogery.in ur case also same.and the title is not much differed.just II thats it.for most of us the same case.u will have problem only if u mentioned as software engineer and LC is for DBA or analyst etc..so dont worry.moreover they are not keeping the copies of P3 doc.thats why they are asking us for the DS230part 1 again during interview..be cool.

What about salary?

What if salary is lower then what was stated in LC? Will this cause any problems? Difference is about 2.5K

There have been some posts before. But are there people who actually got their CP done with a lower salary?

No Title

So what should I put in my employment letter , Software Engineer or Software Engineer II

I have the same issue - But my attorneys said it is ok

Companies change titles/roles of individual based on companies restructing and usually on a broad scale. A simple difference in respect to title should not be a serious matter. But it is important that your employment authorization letter must spell out what is that you are actually doing, roles, day to day job functions etc. and this needs to be consistent(not word to word necessarily) with the job description provided in LC.

The above is a just a recap of verbal discussion between me and my attorney. I can only confirm this once I see my employment letter.

No Title

Put same as LC, I140. Make new OF/DS230 part I with same title. Fill OF/DS230 part II and employment verification letter with that title too.

As I said before, you may be in trouble ONLY if those titles are not compatible by DOL/INS rules, i.e. if they are compatible, then youre OK. Paystubs are not requested for many.

It seems that lower pay is NOT OK but I think you can easily get away with it since they can see pay only for seconds before they approve your case. They are not likely going to compare it with anything.

Little different problem

Guys , My LC Job title is Software Developer but it is
approved for INS Occ Title of Software Engineer. So i put my title in DS230 part 1 as Software Engineer , Is that right ?
What should be my job title in my Employment Letter Software Developer or Software Engineer ?

i have the same problem

guys, my LC job title is progammer anlyst. it is approved for INS occu. as software engineer. so what should i put in employment letter and DS230 form?