Urgent info

Chocolate

Registered Users (C)
i some info .i have a retro country passport but i was born in nigeria .Does that mean i can apply for AOS/140/EAD/AP immediately after my labor is cleared i am from EB2 RIR category or do i fall under retro country quota.any inputs

apply immediately

Chocolate said:
i some info .i have a retro country passport but i was born in nigeria .Does that mean i can apply for AOS/140/EAD/AP immediately after my labor is cleared i am from EB2 RIR category or do i fall under retro country quota.any inputs
you can apply immediately soon after clearing the Labor, if you have the nigerian Birth certifycate?
Jc-gc

Thanks for the info

jc-gc said:
you can apply immediately soon after clearing the Labor, if you have the nigerian Birth certifycate?
Jc-gc
I do have a nigerian birth certificate.Just now one of my relative called and told me i will fall under indian quota as i have indian passport. is that true?isnt the birth certificate from nigeria enuf. i was relieved thinking i have to wait for labor to file for EAD/AP/140/485.Can i not do it?do i have to be in india waiting time or rest of the world waiting time.Any inputs. :(

As far as I have known from reading these posts over the past years, its the country of birth irrespective of the country of citizenship ( passport ) that you hold. I think this works for you ! .. check with your lawyer or at other immigration sites.

Chocolate said:
I do have a nigerian birth certificate.Just now one of my relative called and told me i will fall under indian quota as i have indian passport. is that true?isnt the birth certificate from nigeria enuf. i was relieved thinking i have to wait for labor to file for EAD/AP/140/485.Can i not do it?do i have to be in india waiting time or rest of the world waiting time.Any inputs. :(

Thanks

BrainDrain said:
As far as I have known from reading these posts over the past years, its the country of birth irrespective of the country of citizenship ( passport ) that you hold. I think this works for you ! .. check with your lawyer or at other immigration sites.

I will also do that u see one or my relatives is born in india and he applied gc in 96 and got it now .so my friends suggested that even i might have to wait a long time to get a work permit .so wanted to confirm thanks for your input. i will consult a immigration lawyer too.