URGENT : I-140 Receipt Notice Delay

Endeavour2003

Registered Users (C)
I had filed concurrent I-140/I-485 on 1/6/2006. I received the I-485 receipt notice on 1/24/06 but have still not received the I-140 receipt notice.

I have confirmed with my lawyer that they have not received the I-140 filing cancelled cheque from the bank yet. My application must surely be licking dust somewhere in the grand corridors of USCIS CSC. :(

I am beginning to panic not knowing even where I stand. Seems that all the sacrifices and patience of the last few years seem to be leading nowhere and I am wasting more and more time.

1. Has anyone faced a similar situation where the I-140 receipt notice was not received even after approx 40 days?

2. What is the best way to move forward? Should I call the 1800 number and ask for my I-140 status providing them my I-485 receipt notice / alien number. Or is it better to e-mail. Can someone please provide me the 1800 number / e-mail address.

3. Will this inquiry have any adverse affect on my chances.

I would be grateful for any guidance / help in this regard.

Hi volleyball, azamani123, pineyan

Did you guys receive your I-140 receipt notice yet? I think you also faced the same issue.

Hi endeavour2003,
Sorry to hear about your situation. I got my receipt number 18 days later. But yours is already over 40 days. But there is nothing to panic because you have your 485 receipt number. In my opinion, I guess there is nothing wrong in calling/emailing. Just let them know that you wanted to make sure that it did'nt get lost in mail. However, I dont know the phone no./email. Other guys in the forum, maybe you can help him out.
You will soon receive your receipt number. good luck.

abu2003

Still not received 1-148/140 receipt notice

Filled i-148/140 on may 16 - 2006 Still not received receipt notice for both . Any help please(1-800 no. etc)