Urgent - How to get duplicate passport - India

rv0105

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I have very critical situation. I pulled into dowry harrasment case and issued RCN. I am in US and need to go to India as father died. In order to get bail I have to surrender my passports( Old passport expired and got new one in Washington DC while old passport is under suspended status by court due to dowry harrasment case). When they came to know I got new passport, they filed a case to give explanation why they issued new passport while old one is under suspended status. Nothing was happened there. I got orders to get my passports from court by depositing 5lacks rupees and should return passports within a year. They came to know and got a stay order from high court to stop issuing my passports. They got stay two times. After that I took my passports and came to US. Unfortunate thing is, I got my oath letter when I went to India so I have to postpone it. When I came to US, I asked to re-open and changed the address because old address is vacated long back(apartment). I got change of address letter from USCIS CA. They sent motion to re-open letter on April29th but USPS returned it without informing me. I got another letter from USCIS on June 1st denying my application for naturalization. I got shocked and went to local office (OH - new address). They transferred my file to OH and they said you missed several times better to re-apply. Re-opening is not going to do any better. Next they called me and said that they are considering to re-open. Then have been giving different reasons every time I go to them. My application is not moved even single step further since it is denied. I have to go to india and deposit my passports in end of October otherwise not only they take my 5 lack deposit and also they can issue a warrent again. If I go to India with Indian passport I can't come back to US and I have to forget coming back to US. I don't have any hopes of getting US citizenship by Oct'09. What should I do now? If I apply for duplicate passport because I lost one. Is it going to be a problem because they informed Indian embassay Washington DC? If not I can deposit old PP and can come back with new PP whenever my citizenship comes. I am in deadlock situation. Please help me guide through this. I really appreciate your suggessions/comments.....:confused:

What is a dowry harrassment case ? I gather it is about taking money to get married or demanding more money after marriage ? I am sorry I do not understand how :(