Urgent help please

smahi1

Registered Users (C)
I am a US citizen. I am going to India on a two week trip in Jan. to get married to an Indian citizen who has never been to the US. I have met her once in India. Is it possible for me to bring my new spouse with me? What should I do?

Thank you.

negetive,sorry to be a party pooper,

CP and K3 are your options, what consulate do u come under ?(not that it matters much). as bringing ur wife at the earliest is ur top priority, k3 is the fastest, but eventually takes more money and time for her to get a gc . either way we are looking at 5-9 months. 6-9 months time frame for the CP or 5-8 months for K3. you should have considerd K1 earlier. advace wishes

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you very much for your reply. I come under NSC and my spouse under Chennai Consulate. What is the time-line to bring my spouse?

Fast GC or cheaper process is not my concern. Quick reunion is. So, I go with K3 rather than CP?

K1 is only if I plan to get married in US, correct?

Thanks again.

Chennai consulate is one of the busiest in india unfortunately. for k3 we are looking at 5 to 8 months. so far for what i have observed is that k3 works out like a month faster than CP. K1 is the fiance catagory and you have to get married here in 90 days after entering. go with K3. please keep us updated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks again.If it is only a month difference then I might consider CP.

She is an MBA student that has a co-op part in the US. She was planning to come to US in F-1 to do her studies (many of her classmates are already coming here) before we met and now she decided against it, thinking she could come with me.

Would it be a problem, if she comes here and does her studies? Would it be considered as circumventing the immigration process?

Thanks once again.

its gr8 that she is on a twinning programme, its totaly fine. student visas , employment visas and such are fine, its just that its a little tough for the the spouse of an LPR or of USC to get a tourist Visa.

If she is issued an F-1 visa, then there is no problem. Just make sure you are mentioned on her DS-156.

Would it be a problem, if she comes here and does her studies? Would it be considered as circumventing the immigration process?