Urgent help needeed-H1 extension (simple question)

sonal gahndi

Registered Users (C)
I am preparing for H1 extension petition myself as I can not afford a lawyer.
Does any body know what to fill out in prior petition no. in part 2 in I-129 form?
As I copy the question as it is;

Prior petition. If you checked other than "new employment" in item 2.(above) give the most recent prior petition number for the worker(s):______

Does it mean the receipt no. of prior approval written on I-797 startin with "EAC-XXX"?
Please, help.
I would greatly appreciate.

Yes ...

This is indeed the receipt number printed on your previous I-797 "Notice of Action" form, which is in the form of EAC-XX-YYY-ZZZZZ".

I have just received my own I-797 for H-1B extension - so, let me know if you need any other help with the application.

Hope that helps - Prashant.

Thanks-some other questions to verify

Thanks a lot for your immediate and knid answer.
May I ask you some more thimgs to verify?

1. I checked "b. continuation of previously ...." in part 2. 2. basis for classification.
2. I wrote "N/A" in part 4. a. as I am already in the US with H status.
3. Do I need to apply for new I-94 to legally stay in the US as my I-94 only allows me to stay until current H visa expires. Do I have to leave the country and get new visa and enter the country with new I-94?

Thank you so much in advance.
Sonal

Your Answers ...

1. Should be okay.

2. My lawyer checked the "Consulate" option, and wrote "New Delhi" in the "Office Address (City)" field. This is because I will be applying there for my Visa. If you plan to send your application to the DOS for revalidation, you could write N/A.

3. Your new I-94 will arrive as a part of your I-797 approval notice - it is located in the bottom-right corner. This may be valid only if you don\'t leave the US from the time you apply for the H-1 till it is approved. If you do leave within this time, you might have to leave and apply at a US Embassy or Consulate, and you\'ll get a new I-94 on the way back.

Hope that helps - Prashant.