URGENT help needed!

Luci_merlion

Registered Users (C)
Hello!

I recently got married and I'm currently filling out the forms to adjust my status. My husband is a cab driver and he filed taxes as self-employed. He gave the person who did his taxes an estimate (about double than it is required) and he did his taxes. He has a "schedule C" but no 1099 or W2. Should he absolutly have the 1099? Also, he did not keep receipts with how much he paid to rent the cab and how he came up with the estimate. Am I in trouble? What can he do about it? I'm trying to mail out the papers by April 1st and the affidavit is the only form I did not complete. Please HELP!

P.S. When are the immigration fees supposed to increase? Thanks a lot!!!

are u saying...

..the IRS also does not have transcripts for his past returns ? USCIS definitely need w2+ 1099 OR tax transcripts for the most recent yr for I864 these days.

http://www.greencardapply.com/news/news05/news05_1221.htm

Get tax transcripts from the IRS, then you don't need w2/1099 to send in with I864. Hopefully u won't get an RFE.

AFA the fee hike is concerned:
The public comment period for the fee increase ends April 2, and the agency has no date for when the change may take effect.

I don't want to be ignorant, but I do not even know what 1099 is. Basically, the tax guy gave him 5 pages. It says how much he made for the year (2005), how much he spent on the car and how much he gained after all expenses. Now I do not know if this form is called 1099 or if 1099 is a different form. He does have a C schedule though. Does the C schedule come with 1099? I wish I had a copy with the tax return, but he gave it to the lawyer. I will ask them to make a couple of copies for us to keep. I'm so upset over this :((